Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Whartson Hall Gamers Savage Worlds Pirates Of The Spanish Main Session 01

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Okay, finally got a chance to finish this. As with a lot of other folks and mentioned this was not the first time I’d listened to this audio. It came out when there were far fewer groups on the site to listen to and I had a lot more free time.

It’s a pre-game session dealing largely with character creation so some might not find it as exciting as a story session but I actually like this approach that the Wharties take. Because they tend to do shorter campaigns of maybe a half-dozen episodes before moving on to another game it becomes more like a review of each system and setting they play in. I learned to play Savage Worlds by listening to these guys. I also think it’s a great benefit to the group themselves to sit down and do this sort of thing before running a campaign, especially a longer one. Having everyone on the same page in terms of what the world is like as well as knowing who their friends are playing can make your life as a GM a lot easier.

Also in this session we have the origin of the Seabeast family line. For those who do not know, Ross keeps the surname and pays a little tribute to his pirate captain’s style with his future characters. I don’t actually know how many Seabeasts there are. I do know that they are almost always slightly insane and are always entertaining. 

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

It’s interesting to see the group building the world they want. A deliberate approach and nothing to do with, ahem, lack of prep. 😉 An interesting precursor to some of the more full on attempts at co-operative world building in later games.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I really liked this series of recordings, and as has been mentioned above already, it was the start of the Seabeast legacy franchise dynasty!

I wonder what happened to that 50 ft albino squid…

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

…it was the start of the Seabeast legacy franchise dynasty!

The Seabeast Identity, The Seabeast Ultimatum…  :laugh:

I do miss old Seabeast. He was always a man with a plan. Or two.

Seabeast
    • Commoner

I miss him too fella and his band of merry friends (in the loosest sense :-).

It’s been a long time since we ventured the seas and I’ve just started to re-listen to the adventures, because I feel it’s time to write a book about Captain Seabeast in the first person for nanowrimo.

All thoughts welcome. 

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Welcome back, Captain Seabeast. 🙂

It’s been a long time since we ventured the seas and I’ve just started to re-listen to the adventures, because I feel it’s time to write a book about Captain Seabeast in the first person for nanowrimo.

All thoughts welcome.

Suggested title: “A Tale of Two Things You Should Know”.

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

It should start “Thirdly …….”

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.