Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Prepare for the Zombie apocalypse!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    TomBedlam
    • Orc

Like Face I’m encouraging you to waste your free time. Persuant to that I introduce you to Urban Dead.

Quote:
    Urban Dead is a browser-based, grid-mapped multi-player game where you play the survivor or victim of a zombie outbreak in a quarantined city centre.

It’s a very simple interface. wherein you have a certain number of Action points(AP) that are restore at a rate of 1 AP per half hour. You can choose to be a survivor with a number of classes including medic, soldier, Fire man, scout etc.,. or a zombie. If you’re a survivor don’t get caught outside with no APs or you’re Zombie chow. Also if you are killed you can choose to become a zombie and fight for the other side.

Urban Dead Genaral Guide

Character Guides

Urban Dead Forums

Map of the City of Malton

Never, never end your turn outside. Always end it in a barricaded building.

Save a bullet for your self.

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Cool game. So many zombies.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

awesomness

Salubrai
    • Succubus

While you may not yet know this, let me be the first to tell you….

The Zombie Apocalypse WILL NOT BE TELEVISED 😈

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

I can’t believe my characters haven’t met a grisly end yet. I forget to leave points for things like closing doors and removing corpses from buildings before I rest. Good fun! ^_^

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

I’m up to my second character. Firefighters rock! I think they should add a karate guy though. Boost that crappy punch score.

TomBedlam
    • Orc

Though I used my soldier for pure zombie smackdown, the fire fighters does has it’s benifits especially avoiding the need to search for ammo.

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

After building a secondary skillset for my firefighter (free running, necrotech employment/lab experience, diagnosis, shopping/bargain hunting, and construction) I bought the pistol skills.

I’ll never axe again.

Clips are easy to find (particularly with the shopping skillset) and mein gott, the damage. Next level is Headshot, and the braiinnzzz will fly.

Oh, a small piece of advice for brand-spankin’-new players: buy free running. Barricades are everywhere, and the strongest of them keep you out of buildings along with the zombie horde. Free running can get you in.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I still, have to insist… the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Why? The zombies ‘et all the TV production folks.

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Your insistance borders on the ridiculous. I work for the Channel 23.5 News and carry a camera in my gibbage-encrusted tophat.

Its batteries are 115% full. That makes them supercharged for television goodness.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I like it.

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

A little bit more on the topic of weaponry:

Assuming you have all the skills, shotguns are your best source of exp if you happen to have the shells in hand. As was posted in one of the UD forums (in a weapons writeup, in fact, which I’m paraphrasing): shotguns work like a pistol you never need to reload. Due to the difficulty of finding decent quantities of shells, however, they don’t function well as a main assault weapon.

So shoot ’em if you happen to have ’em, otherwise wreak sexy pistol havoc. Often. We may be a lot softer than those damned zombies, but we can hit pretty hard. ^_^

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Okay, I have a silly question that I can’t find asked anywhere, ever — which surely means the answer is obvious.

Where do I go to see my own profile? I’d love to be able to link my characters for UD forum activities, but I am too much of the suck to manage it.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Click on your name below the map, the one in pink.

Btw, I’m now on the upper left corner of St matthews cathedral in gibsonton, but be careful, cause there are a bunch of zombies one square to my left.

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thank you very much.

We’re groovy so long as you stay out of Ridleybank. There’s an amusing but potent new horde of zombies down there.

The Ridleybank Resistance Front

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.