Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lockhart
    • Owlbear

File Name: Ptolus Session 02

File Submitter: Lockhart

File Submitted: 11 May 2012

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

I Don’t Ask What You Do On Your Weekends

Waking up to their second day in the city, the group splits between examining the delver’s guild and investigating the disappearance of the young girl, and then get into a scuffle in the streets during the evening. Oh, and some really bad interrogating. All in a day’s work.

Featuring:

Carter as the GM

Aimee as Blaze Ingson, Half-elf Rogue

Jack as Chevy the Cavalier, and his trusty mount Cobalt

Brian as Jerry Kryton, Human Oracle

Brad as Gol’moth Fireforge, Dwarven Alchemist

Mandy as Silver, Human Witch

Intro music provided by http://www.danosongs.com

Poster by Peter Jensen

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Yorkton_Gamer_Guild/pathfinder_ptolus_part_02.mp3

Click here to download this file

AndrewRJ
    • Flumph

Just listening through this series.  I was groaning when you named the apprentice as Edward Aldric.  I was seriously wondering if anyone was going to say anything as well.  Love the off handed comments like that.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I think i groan myself whenever I listen to myself do something corny like that. Part of me is like “Bad, bad, don’t insert fan references off the cuff into your games” while the other part can’t resist, especially when I need a name.

And of course, when they aren’t caught at the table, it makes it all worth it when a listener catches. Hope you enjoy! Ptolus was a lot of fun with this group.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Just listening through this series.  I was groaning when you named the apprentice as Edward Aldric.  I was seriously wondering if anyone was going to say anything as well.  Love the off handed comments like that.

Once you get to the Jade Regent audio, keep your ears perked and listening for such timeless classics as Wal, the owner of a market. 😉

AndrewRJ
    • Flumph

I think i groan myself whenever I listen to myself do something corny like that. Part of me is like “Bad, bad, don’t insert fan references off the cuff into your games” while the other part can’t resist, especially when I need a name.

And of course, when they aren’t caught at the table, it makes it all worth it when a listener catches. Hope you enjoy! Ptolus was a lot of fun with this group.

Just fired up Part 4 as I am typing this.  This seems to be a very balanced group.  I admit that it seems that this group like many others (myself included) doesn’t do the investigation thing very well.  Sometimes a person just doesn’t know anything and it is hard to figure out which direction to go.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

There is a bit of that sandbox experience that takes players getting used to, that a lot of it develops from the players taking the reins of the world and setting out to do stuff.

That being said, I was kinda slightly disappointed that they didn’t right away investigate the address on the invoices in the old apartment, or put subtle clues together. It’s a tricky balance between players not having fun because they don’t know what to do, and ruining the triumph of them finally putting things together by ‘telling’ them what to do.

AndrewRJ
    • Flumph

Subtle… in D&D…  whats that?    🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.