Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Non Gaming Chat Quiet again, Dragonmeet?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

Personal business and upcoming holidays have turned me into little more than a lurker lately. Sigh.

By the way, Sinister, I treasure my worn VHS copy of “The Asphyx”. One of the criminally overlooked early 70’s Brit-horrors.

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Draw me something christmassy if you get chance/bored…i like your drawings very much…

Sinister-Ornament
    • Gelatinous Cube

Only 3 posts that’s terrible – people should at least say Thank you if you’ve downloaded the lovely lovely audio you’ve slaved away to create Hal.

Nice to know someone else likes it EegahInc I’m disapointed in the DVD releases of it they’re just not widescreen enough!

Asphyx was filmed using the Todd process 2.35:1 (or wider) and the best version I’ve found is Anchor Bay UK R2 release only 1.85:1 and you can tell it’s trimmed at the edges.

Keep Robert Powell away from the matches! (BOOM)

Does anyone remember The One Game? A bit like Sapphire and Steel (telefantasy- jousting on motorbikes etc) but more roleplay-ey with an Arthurian undertheme.

I think the convention thing in the UK suffers from a lack of magazines, when we had proper White Dwarf, Adventurer, Arcane, Roleplaying Independent and Valkyrie (all now saddly joined the great newsagent in the sky) at least you knew what was going on in the hobby.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

For those who might be wondering I have released Session 7 of The Banewarrens to the main site!

😛

It is quite a long one 😀

Hal :hal:

Sinister-Ornament
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thank you : 😀

Isis
    • Succubus
    Lindsay wrote:
    I shall, generally, be following my husband anywhere he goes like a good wife!

😀

So when’s the big date when you both wave goodbye to these shores, and RPGmp3 goes really quiet (presumably) for a while? 🙁

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

We are hoping to be flying some time around the 20th or so of December and we will be armed with laptops and will take the recorder on the plane with me as well. That way I might be able to muster something up when we get over there 😀

Its all good fun 😛

Isis
    • Succubus
    Hal wrote:
    We are hoping to be flying some time around the 20th or so of December and we will be armed with laptops and will take the recorder on the plane with me as well.

This leads to notions of mid-Atlantic airline passengers being forced to roleplay…

“Um, this is flight 327 from Manchester. There’s a couple on board armed with dice saying we’re not allowed to land until everyone’s reached Level 20?”

8)

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Lindsay wrote:
    I really want to meet you Thing, we have been talking about doing a driving trip sometime to visit some friends in Canada, so im sure we can stop off in wherever you live…Seattle? I dont even know where that is..i need a map

Hmmmm, acording to Google Maps it is 2,438 mi (about 1 day 17 hours) from Houston, Texas to Seattle, WA.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    Thing wrote:
    Lindsay wrote:
    I really want to meet you Thing, we have been talking about doing a driving trip sometime to visit some friends in Canada, so im sure we can stop off in wherever you live…Seattle? I dont even know where that is..i need a map

Not far from Seattle. Washington State is the upper left corner of the US (Continental US). I’ll show you on Google Earth sometime. 😉

thing basically lives in Canada, you see. 😀

arvis
    • Bullywug

http://www.maps.com/FunFacts.aspx?nav=FS#

Hope that works. Just drag the stae to right abouts where you think it goes!

Ffaern
    • Orc

I used to love Sapphire & Steel, it was one of my favourites, well at least the episodes without that irritating twat Silver.

BTW, we are also moving but staying in the same country (Luxembourg). I suspect it’s rather less hassle than Hal & Lindsay’s transatlantic crossing.

Ffaern

Ffaern
    • Orc
    Hal wrote:
    For those who might be wondering I have released Session 7 of The Banewarrens to the main site!

Blame Paul, Fin and the other Yoggies. I’ve been charging around the world with them in Masks for the last couple of months. One more to go then I am free to catch up with the Banewarrens!

Looking forward to it!

Ffaern

Lindsay
    • Succubus

I think moving is scary however far your going…Its hard work, but def moreso when you have to sell all your funiture too…

And you really should listen to the Banewarrens, its quite good, really!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant
    Ffaern wrote:
    Hal wrote:

Blame Paul, Fin and the other Yoggies. I’ve been charging around the world with them in Masks for the last couple of months. One more to go then I am free to catch up with the Banewarrens!

Looking forward to it!

Ffaern

You know thats quite a good observation! There was a little downtime between WLD and The Banewarrens and Masks started in the gap so I suspect that this may be where folks have gone. With the length of some of the audio recordings I am not surprised that folks can only listen to one at a time.

For some reason I am also getting the impression that The Banewarrens is not as popular as WLD. I am wondering why? 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Non Gaming Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.