Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Quillion’s Region A: Questions (Spoilers)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Quillion
    • Flumph

I printed out region A as 16 pages 8 1/2 by 11, and am writing down what is in the rooms, where they are and what conditions effect each room. (also putting on the map the spot DC to see a creature there)

Now I have some questions

Room a22 Bragdor the Ogre of Orghar’s Tribe

how is a creatrue that takes up a 10′ sqauare supposed to hide behind a pillar that is up against a wall that fits’ in a 10′ square, and if the pillar is narrower at the top then the shadow is not big enough for him to fit in.

I think I will have him hide behind the open door. (all my doors open in, with embeded hinges)

Concelment encounter condition states what it does but it does not say what is conceleing the creature? Should the concelment not also affect the monsters? (except for fiendish darkmantles)

As I go room by room writing stuff down it should be fun.

bredbored
    • Commoner
    Quillion wrote:
    I printed out region A as 16 pages 8 1/2 by 11, and am writing down what is in the rooms, where they are and what conditions effect each room. (also putting on the map the spot DC to see a creature there)

Yes, I keep meaning to do something similar.

Quillion wrote:
    Room a22 Bragdor the Ogre of Orghar’s Tribe

how is a creatrue that takes up a 10′ sqauare supposed to hide behind a pillar that is up against a wall that fits’ in a 10′ square, and if the pillar is narrower at the top then the shadow is not big enough for him to fit in.

A human or dwarf takes up a 5′ square. That doesn’t mean it would need a 5′ wide pole to hide behind. It’s a representation of their combat threat area, really.

But, you’re right. I moved the pillars in from the corners a way.

You should take careful note of light sources carried by your adventurers; they typically provide plenty of scope for hiding monsters. My lot were terrified of running out of light (no darkvision chars) so they are using just one light source.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.