Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

Like many of us I put in for the Reaper Kickstarter and got my miniatures not too long ago.  Last weekend I had a go at painting some.  I spent some time watching Youtube videos to get an idea of how to go about it since this was my first attempt at painting any mini, let alone the plastic Reaper ones.  For my first time I am pretty happy with the end result.  There were some issues with lighting and getting my iphone to focus for the pics, but I think you get the idea.  The pics while it was glued to the red cup were just before the final step.  The others are after that.

16syo7.jpg    //  29vxwf5.jpg

a4wiev.jpg // 6z2fc5.jpg

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Nicely done. My Reaper package is slated to arrive monday and I hope I can do as good as that. The whole thing was a bit of a strange impulse buy, based mostly on the sheer number of miniatures than anything else, but I do intend to try painting them. However they might turn into a somewhat useless investment, as I’ve been experimenting on how to use Roll20 instead of a tablemat for in-person games instead of just virtual games.

Care to drop a link to some of the tutorials you found helpful?

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJCFAtGMXQZm6WfSMMLzvw   and http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNdMFZCWJgzWotmB3G7SV0g  were two that I hit subscribe for.  Generally I just searched for miniature painting, or reaper bones paint.  Even though I added several extras the bones kickstarter was just too much of a value not to go in on it.  I will likely not get to use them in a game any time soon since the host for my Sat games is overflowing with his own minis and our now Monday group generally does not use any.  What I learned from the YouTube videos I was able to apply was: clean the mini’s, base coat, paint the separate colors and bits, dry brush, wash. Dont think my attempt at dry brushing came out, but that is something to work on.  

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I shall check them out, and post any of my attempts as well.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Look what arrived today:

IMAG0248_zpsccd80968.jpg

IMAG0249_zps42ae119c.jpg

I especially love the case, so many slots for figs (but only small spaces, but that’s fine with me). Such a good choice to swap out the sophie to get that instead. Anyway, gonna have to start sorting, watching videos, reading tutorials, buying paint, etc, etc, etc…Why did I think I had time for this again?

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

I see you added some dragons as well.  Sucker that I am for the things I added all the dragons.  I agree with you about the slots in the case.  I was rather disappointed when I saw that several of the medium minis dont fit due to their height.  I considered cutting the wall between slots on one of the boards, but havent felt like committing to that yet.  My knockoff tupperware is working just fine for my transporting my minis at the moment and I dont need to potentially ruin the case.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Let’s see, according to invoice I added C’thulhu, Kaladrax Reborn, Nethyrmaul, Red Dragon, Deathsleet and Ebonwrath. Gotta have some dragons. I hope to one day make some of those large figs painted up as impressively as they deserve.

Anyway, a very well done Kickstarter, a big congrats to Reaper.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Deathsleet

tumblr_mjin1po7gr1s4a2kso1_500.gif

DEATHSLEET!

Slushinatin’ the countryside,

Slushinatin’ the peasants,

Slushinatin’ all the peoples,

And their un-insured BASEMENTS!

NON-INSURED BASEMENTS!

[GuitarSolo]
    tenacious-d-pizza-guy-o.gif
    [/GuitarSolo]

When all the land is kinda sludgey,

And slushination has devalued the real estate prices,

Only one guy will remain,

Our money’s on…

DEATHSLEET!

DEATHSLEET!

And the Deathsleet cums all in WHIIITE!

abyr-en094.jpg

ScaleGraze
    • Orc

tenacious-d-pizza-guy-o.gif

Wow, that’s a number of geek/pop-culture references there monkey..

My only concern is for the guy in the background of the guitar solo, forced for all eternity into a physics defying jiggle.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Wow, that’s a number of geek/pop-culture references there monkey..

My only concern is for the guy in the background of the guitar solo, forced for all eternity into a physics defying jiggle.

Usually, typing ‘physics defying jiggle’ in the Gurgle search field will net you things like this:

e1a.gif

And:

tumblr_lpp66naDll1qm71cko1_500.jpg

ScaleGraze
    • Orc

Is it ever save to click with stuff you’ve posted Pencil Monkey?

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Is it ever save to click with stuff you’ve posted Pencil Monkey?

I know what you’re thinking, ScaleGraze.

You’re thinking: “Did he post all 42,123,655,701,431,768,129,490 offensive pics on the internet, or only 42,123,655,701,431,768,129,489?”

Now to tell you the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a Spoiler-bar, the most dastardly stealth code in the Bulletin Board system and will make your harddrive weep at night, you’ve gotta ask yourself a question:

“Do I feel lucky?”

Well, do ya, ScaleGraze?

Best_de1ed1_1427386.gif

ScaleGraze
    • Orc

Apparently I feel safe enough to get silently rick-rolled 🙄

Anyway, great paint job there @[member=”LightPagoda”], that’s excellent, and for a first mini is incredible.  I’m looking forward to your next installments if you choose to treat us to their painted majesty.

Wow, @[member=”Lockhart”]… that’s a few minis!  Planning on posting pics as they’re painted?

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

My weekends have been full recently, but I do have the full Vampire level worth of minis to get through eventually.  One of these days I’ll sit down and paint some more.

smithmeg
    • Orc

I am patiently waiting for my vampire set to be sent. Very envious of those who have got their minis.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘Bulging Bag of Holding’ is closed to new topics and replies.