Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    tomlib
    • Orc

Because I’m not ready to continue my Corland Campaign at the moment the group decided to give Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (RttToEE from here on out) a try.

I won’t be running every week because a novice GM is trying his hand at a game. He prefers not to have his game broadcast. But, I will be running on occasion and posting audio and other gaming stuff on my web site.

We finished the first session of RttToEE last night and despite a few mishaps (I forgot a character background and then chastised a PC for not knowing it, (doh), and I thought the innkeepers first name was Ostler when that is really his profession!) things went fairly well.

You can find Audio, Maps, Kill Lists, Treasure Found, Spell Books, Images of Monsters, and other goodies at my site.

http://www.andyliss.us

Then follow the Gaming Link and then either RttToEE or Of Naught and Men Archive for all the files.

Have a great day!

Tom

tomlib
    • Orc

We decided to play Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil again last night so there is more audio.

Two of our regulars were again missing so we proceeded with a smaller group into the Moat House Dungeon. I think it is easier to follow along with a smaller group and it is certainly easier for the GM!

There was much Gnoll and undead battling as the group find the first layer of cultist and eventually made their way to the main excavation site.

You can find my main page at http://www.andyliss.us

Click the Gaming Link and then you can proceed to wherever you like. The RttToEE link leads to the audio and other goodies from the game.

Tom

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m listening Tom, and seeing how I have not run the ToEE for many years I doubt I’ll recognize much of the new books. I do remember some of the names though, like Rufus, Bern, Jaroo, etc.

Ffaern
    • Orc

Hi Tom,

I’m listening as well and following the party with my own copy of the module. Since I am thinking of running this one sometime next year, your sessions are both useful and entertaining.

Brian

tomlib
    • Orc

We completed another session of RttToEE last night.

The group continued to explore the Moat House Dungeon and in particular the Well Room. They spent most of the session there fighting Grell and examining the room.

Afterwards they headed back to Hommlet and then onto the Temple of Elemental Evil to check up on some Hob-goblins in the vicinity.

I agree that having the written material in front of you while listening to the session is quite helpful. In a Dungeon Crawl the maps give a real sense of location and when dealing with NPC’s it is quite interesting to hear the GM’s interpretation of the characters as outlined in the module.

As always, http://www.andyliss.us and then onto the Gaming pages.

Tom

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    tomlib wrote:

Tom

This game was funny, I actually laughed out loud, although whoever keeps belching needs a muffler!

tomlib
    • Orc
    Cob37 wrote:
    This game was funny, I actually laughed out loud, although whoever keeps belching needs a muffler!

It pleases me greatly that you found it enjoyable to listen to our sessions Cob. I haven’t had a chance to listen to your backlog adventures yet but with no WLD sessions and your moving I will probably find the time soon.

The Burper (who shall remain unidentified) has been informed that he needs to cover his mouth.

I’ve got the latest session up now although there was a small problem. I somehow knocked down the volume on the recorder so I couldn’t filter too much otherwise it became too quiet. So there is a lot of background noise (mostly pool games, the balls clack very loud).

The group staked out the Temple of Elemental Evil and killed a few Hobgoblins before making a daring move into the temple itself and atttacking the leaders.

Next week they are off to Rastur and the beginning of the “real” adventure.

As always: http://www.andyliss.us and then Gaming and then RttToEE

Tom

tomlib
    • Orc

The latest session of our group’s attempt at the RttToEE is up and ready at my web site.

The group spent most of the time trying to work up enough nerve to head into the Lortmill Mountains and look for the Temple of All-Consumption. They took a side trek to Nulb and barely escaped with their lives.

Then it was off to Rastur to investigate the region and figure out the next step.

http://www.andyliss.us then Gaming

Tom

tomlib
    • Orc

The latest update to our group’s crack at the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil is up and posted on my web site. It took awhile because I’ve been having difficulty finding time to work on the site.

The group entered the Crater Ridge mines and began to hack their way through this difficult section. There were only three players this week because of vacation scheduling. So following along should be slightly easier. I also used the Gain button in my MP3 converter for the first time and it really improved the volume level!

http://www.andyliss.us and then Gaming and then RttToEE or any of the other gaming links for more stuff.

I hope you enjoy! I think Cob is taking this week off but hopefully we will have more WLD soon and there is apparently a Cthulhu Game coming online soon as well if you follow along at Yog-Sothoth.com

Take care all.

Tom

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    Cob37 wrote:
    tomlib wrote:

Tom

Kinda like the guys on your recordings that need to stop MUNCHING? 😛

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube
    tomlib wrote:
    …and there is apparently a Cthulhu Game coming online soon as well if you follow along at Yog-Sothoth.com

Oh great, a fourth game to get hooked on! I’m going to have to assign each of you guys a day of the week…being sure to leave at least one day each for my family and work, of course. 😕

MORE AUDIO! MORE AUDIO! MORE AUDIO!

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Shathis wrote:
    Cob37 wrote:
    tomlib wrote:

Tom

Kinda like the guys on your recordings that need to stop MUNCHING? 😛

Yup, that would be Sean.

tomlib
    • Orc

The latest session of RttToEE is posted on my website.

http://www.andyliss.us and then Gaming and then RttToEE for the individual sessions.

It was a full crew of seven this week so there is a quite a lot going on. The group doubled back on their path and investigated the Earth Temple controlled by Troglodytes. There was a real touch and go battle and we came close to a Total Party Kill although everyone survived.

As usual I forgot about things in the module but it went pretty well as a whole.

Have a great week everyone.

Tom

Ffaern
    • Orc

“It seems just like a, temple of elemental evil…”

“that we have returned to!”

Call me sad but it just makes me laugh every time.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Now that I’ve gotten done with all the WLD stuff, I’m starting on yours. Jon stewart is about to rip me away from it for a bit, but it is awesome so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.