Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Whartson Hall Gamers Empire of the Petal Throne Returning to the world of the Petal Throne

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Care to drop a hint?

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

Well, I did get to try out my third proxy person for rolling dice for me… I don’t think I’m giving too much away by saying that, am I?…

Sound wise, btw, I’m on the hangout via my phone with it sitting on the table in front of me just talking into its mike and listening to it over its speaker. I think the sound come across quite well considering. Technology, eh?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

” Give me a T! Give me a P! Give me a K! What does it spell?” cheerleader2-smiley.gif

Naah, nothing so drastic 😉 I’m far too much of a softy GM for that.

Sound wise, btw, I’m on the hangout via my phone with it sitting on the table in front of me just talking into its mike and listening to it over its speaker. I think the sound come across quite well considering. Technology, eh?

Things are definitely improving! A slight hint of echo in the background, which could be from your ‘phone but might just as easily be a legacy of the wiring spaghetti hanging out of the back of my PC now…

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

” Give me a T! Give me a P! Give me a K! What does it spell?

The name of an aspect of Vimuhla?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The name of an aspect of Vimuhla?

Such a shame nobody wanted to play a Vimúhla worshipper. It’s great fun having someone along who wants to solve every problem with fire.

candle-smiley.gif

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

I have to say, the background stuff is very impressive. Different, yes, but very impressive. I haven’t read any off the books. Perhaps I should sort that out.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

😀

fighting0039.gif

” Give me a T! Give me a P! Give me a K! What does it spell?” cheerleader2-smiley.gif

candle-smiley.gif

You can tell how excited BJB is about this game – his emoticon usage level is over 9,000! 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

It’s the only way I can express emotion since the lobotomy.

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I’ve enjoyed listening to this so far. Looking forward to the rest of the audio. 

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I’ve enjoyed listening to this so far. Looking forward to the rest of the audio. 

Thank you. There are four sessions in all: we finished the adventure this week. Session three has now been uploaded to Hal so should appear once it has been through RPGMP3’s rigorous quality control procedures.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

I’m now rereading the Tekumel novels.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

It’s the only way I can express emotion since the lobotomy.

Personally, I’d rather have a bottle in front of me.

Banana-Juice-Water-Bottle_1153-l.jpg

Thank you. There are four sessions in all: we finished the adventure this week. Session three has now been uploaded to Hal so should appear once it has been through RPGMP3’s rigorous quality control procedures.

98952.strip.gif

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

IIRC, in the first EPT campaign, the PCs were not Tsolyani, whereas in this current campaign, although the PCs are Tsolyani, a lot of the “flavor” of Tekumel seems to not be present in the adventure.

This might be because the characters are brand new and this is more of an introductory adventure for new players too. In that case, were there any scenarios published that featured more bits of Tekumel, like inter-clan or inter-temple conflict, or meshqu plaques, or other cool, fiddly bits?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

There are very few published Tékumel adventures. This is actually a D&D one I tweaked very slightly. Probably the one that includes the most plotting and workings of Tsolyani society would be A Jakallan Intrigue, which I’m considering using in the future.

I deliberately stripped a lot of the background elements out of this scenario for several reasons, one of which was to make it as easy as possible to adjust to the comparatively “primitive” rules without worrying about the setting. This adventure was planned to work very much as a D&D dungeon with a few exotic elements, an easy introduction to gaming on Tékumel, as I felt that I didn’t handle things so well with the previous game. However, it does have some ties to future plots, including some at quite high levels of society and involving temple politics, although they should be rather hard to follow just yet.

Whether this works better than the last attempt I don’t know, but if my plan to run more frequent EPT adventures holds up then you can expect to see much more of the exotic in future.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I deliberately stripped a lot of the background elements out of this scenario for several reasons […]

Although the PCs still got a chance to savor the traditional Tékumel beverage of spicy, salty milky-white goodness. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.