Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Site News Reviews Section

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

Just thought I would point out the Reviews section on the left hand bar. I have just added a couple of audio reviews along the lines of what I am hoping to do with the Audio Magazine Podcast feed.

Have a listen and let me know what you think. They are WLD and Hentacle 😀

I know that they are not tagged properly, I just wanted to get some feedback 😀 I’ll sort that out if you like it 😛

The text of the reviews will mainly be from the back cover or the blurb with the actual review being an audio file! I have a downloadable MP3 and a streaming version for you. They are quite short!

Let me know if you think they are worthwhile 😀

Cheers

Hal :hal:

Ffaern
    • Orc

Hi Hal,

Just had a listen to the new reviews. First, the streaming audio links are broken, however the the mp3’s are ok.

I found the WLD review very useful despite having listened to many of the played sessions already. I found it helpful to have a DM’s summary of the game, providing some additional information about how the whole thing hangs together and the quality of the book and the artwork. I was considering buying it and now with the information in the review I think I will be ordering it as soon as I can find a supplier that can ship it to Luxembourg for less than a King’s ransom.

Also interesting was the Hentacle review. I’m not particularly into card games but I am easily amused so I laughed quite a lot. 😀

Perhaps one mildly confusing thing is that you have also termed these files “reviews”, the same term that I believe you use for the audio sessions of the games you are playing. Possibly you could consider some alternative term?

Anyway, another excellent and useful addition to the site.

riddles
    • Succubus

Like Ffaern I couldn’t get the streams to work, but the mp3s were fine.

Content wise, they’re good! 🙂 Wonder if I could sneak Hentacle into 1 of our gaming sessions without the kids asking “Daddy, what is that thing doing to the lady?!”. Hmmm perhaps not!

Could I suggest a change to the title to Product Reviews (again, like Ffaern I think it could be confusing)? Also, are you linking off the downloads pages at all? Couldn’t see the link if you are…

All in all, like them! See if you can persuade some of the others to do reviews too. Heck, maybe some of your devoted listenership could contribute…

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Points taken and happily recieved. I have editied the title to Product Reviews to reduce confusion and I will sort out the link to the streaming versions.

So, you think they would be worthwhile as an addition to the site?

If so I will try to get some up to date product and give it a go 😀

Cheers

Salubrai
    • Succubus

What about a possible review from each player of the WLD willing to do them, of products with which they are familiar? It should add a nice variety, if it would be possible. I’m sure Paul would have lots of material he could review in the Cthulhu line, but I would be very interested in hearing what Lindsay, Steve and Fin would find worth reviewing.

And no, Hal, that’s not saying I didn’t enjoy your reviews. 😀 They were great, and I’m eagerly waiting to hear more. 8)

Ffaern
    • Orc
    Hal wrote:

So, you think they would be worthwhile as an addition to the site?

Certainly, it’s interesting and useful stuff. Appreciate it.

Brian

riddles
    • Succubus

BTW, were one “interested” in looking at Hentacle, it appears to be not too expensive at rpgnow & for us on this side of the pond, the exchange rate is rather good… 😳

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thanks all! I will keep them going then!

I have fixed the links to the streaming M3U files so you can listen to them online and I have tagged up the MP3s correctly 😀

Now all I need is some nice fresh product 😀

I will also put them into the Audio Magazine Podcast 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

OK! The Audio Magazine feed is fully updated to work in iTunes with new shiny graphics and stuff 😛

I have added the two reviews I have done and will keep adding them as I review things in the future 😀 Looking to get the Audio Magazine off the ground and popular now that I am putting some content in it 😀

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Site News’ is closed to new topics and replies.