Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Role playing Public Radio and the Achy Breaky Mythos

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Owlbear

A few friends of mine and I are putting together an internet radio comedy show called Role Playing Public Radio. As a test shows, we performed a story called Achy Breaky Mythos. It’s about the horrors of gaming Call of Cthulhu with some of the worst gamers imaginable. It’s a radio comedy in the same tradition as the dead alewive’s dungeon and dragon comedy.

RPPR will continue to create new shows over the summer. Let us know what you think.

You can find a torrent of the mp3 here http://www.mediastew.org/files/227.html

Our website is http://www.slangdesign.com/rppr

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m too dumb to get it to work, any help would be appreciated.

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

It’s hosted as a torrent, which means you need the program BitTorrent in order to download it.

As for the file itself… IMO, can’t hold a candle to the real thing… =)

And I also don’t think it manages the same as the Dead Alewives’ D&D classic, as that was more about pulling fun at the portrayal of RPGs as deadly serious cult activity.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Thanks for posting that! I found it fun, especially after some of the intensity of the session we just finished this evening (WLD #20).

I’ve taken the liberty of reposting over at Yog-Sothoth.com

Cheers!

Paul

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Session 20 played, and 19 isn’t even uploaded yet? Gasp! ^_^

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

And 21 likely on Thursday – trying to squeeze a few in before the weekend!

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Excellent… could I just request an upload or two by Thursday at the latest, so I can have something to listen to on the plane? =)

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Hal’s the one to speak to. 🙂

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

I know… he just hasn’t been on MSN recently, so I can’t nag at him for more uploads =P

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Must admit I haven’t seen him much on Messenger recently either.

Regarding Achy Breaky Mythos, there’s a stream-over-dial-up version over at Yog-Sothoth.com

Achy Breaky Mythos

Paul

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thanks for giving me a different way to d/l the file, now to give it a listen!

tomlib
    • Orc

That brought back some horrific memories. Dick Marvel indeed.

Who wrote the script for that little bit of gaming goodness? Fine work all the way around and worth four and a half laughs from this reviewer.

Tom

P.S. I’m going to listen to Session 18 of WLD this week and get my Annotated Maps up to date after that. If anyone cares!

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I smiled some but I was really hoping for a better ending, maybe I was rooting for the underdog.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

haha

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.