Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon RPGMP3 fan’s OpenRPG game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    McMouse
    • Commoner

Thought I would just make a new topic for this:

If you’re interested in getting in on the OpenRPG game which seems to be spawning, post below. We’ve got 3 players so far. Characters, campaign setting, and even system are up in the air at this point.

Players So Far:

McMouse -7, -8

Ffaern +1

Wellard -0

EegahInc -4, -5

bredbored -0

If you want to look into OpenRPG more, the site can be found at http://www.openrpg.com. It’s a great tool for online RPGs.

EDIT: Post your timezone with respect to GMT, if you could. I have no idea how Daylight Savings Time really works, so just post the range 😀

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

Any chance you’ll be playing at a time us GMT -4,-5 guys can join in?

McMouse
    • Commoner

No idea what time we’ll be playing, but my schedule is pretty flexible. As long as it’s not immediately before or during dinnertime, any time (even at ungodly hours in the night) is cool. I’ll add you to the player list.

Wellard
    • Orc

I’m on GMT and also a shift worker so my particiption is going to be erratic sometimes.

I have now installed Open RPG and will be ready when you are

McMouse
    • Commoner

We can schedule each session so it fits everybody, that’s no problem.

bredbored
    • Commoner

I’d like to give OpenRPG a try. If it’s 3(.5)E DnD, add me to the possibles list!

GMT timezone, looks like you have a bit of a range to cope with.

Kingsley

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

If you get enough for the GMT timezone, don’t let me hold things up. I’ve already got one weekly OpenRPG game I’m involved in. I’m just being greedy for more. 😈

Wellard
    • Orc

Here is my proposed character:

Egil Wellardsson; Dwarf Ftr1: CR 1; ECL 1; Size M; HD 1d10+1; hp 11; Init +3; Spd 20 ft; AC 18, touch 13, FF 15; BAB +1; Grapple +4; Atk: +4 melee (1d3 + 3, Unarmed), +4 melee (1d10 + 3/crit x3, Waraxe, dwarven), +4 (1d6 + 3, Axe, throwing), +4 (1d4 + 3/crit 19-20, Dagger silvered); SA +1 to attack orcs/goblinoids; SQ Darkvision, Stonecunning, +2 to saves vs spells or poisons, +4 dodge vs giants; AL LG; SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Str 17, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 11, Cha 11.

Languages spoken: Dwarven and Common

Skills and Feats: Climb +2, Craft (Weaponsmith) +5, Intimidate +4; Armor Proficiency (Heavy), Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Cleave, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Power Attack, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency.

Possessions: 9 gp, 8 sp, 10 cp, Heavy steel shield, Dwarven waraxe, 2 Throwing axe, Backpack, 10 Trail rations (per day), Artisan’s tools, Waterskin, Belt pouch, Bedroll, , Hide, Dagger silvered.

Now all i have to do is figure out how to import him to openRPG

McMouse
    • Commoner

Well, the best way to do it is to use the included d20 character node. It’s quite handy. You’ll have to copy that all over, but it’s worth it.

EDIT: The GMT time works quite well for me. We can have it at noon GMT, and that’s safely after dinner (8:00 PST).

McMouse
    • Commoner

Looks like we’ve got some stalwhart players. Anyone want to volunteer to GM?

Ffaern
    • Orc

I’m GMT + 1 so since we’re are both on summer time and you’re in Scotland I should, in theory, be one hour ahead in Luxembourg.

No chance of DM’ing I’m afraid. I have a gaming group that I GM here and I am directing a theatre production, job etc etc, the usual blah blah blah.

I hope I can manage to fit in with the playing hours since I’ve not had the chance to try online gaming systems and I’m rather curious as to how well it manages to capture the feeling of a face-to-face game. It would also be a chance to get to grips with 3rd edition since we play 2nd here. Due to this I would probably opt for some sort of Fighter or Barbarian type of “tank” character so as not to screw things up too much. 😎

Do you have any sort of idea when and for how long you would be planning to play?

Cheers,

F

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

I would be interested (GMT -6), but I am free almost all the time.

I’ve used OpenRPG before, but only years ago. It was buggy as hell back then, I hope it’s more stable now.

SOUTH3RN G3NT

McMouse
    • Commoner

Alright. As it seems quite unlikely that we’re all going to get our schedules to sync up for an OpenRPG game, I’d like to propose an alternate option. We could try and run a game using the forums, a play-by-post. It is -much- slower than a full-blown messenger type game, but it would allow everyone who’s interested to participate.

If we decided to go ahead and play via forum, I’d certainly like a chance at DMing. What do you all thing? Sound good? Holding out for OpenRPG? We need to start -right now-?

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’ve never done play-by-post before, but I’d be happy to join in if that’s what works for everyone.

Again, though, I wouldn’t want to bog everyone else down just because I’m in the U.S. If you have enough players for a Europe only Open game, please go ahead. With all the new posters showing up lately, those of us stateside might dredge up enough Open players for a game eventually.

Ffaern
    • Orc
    Quote:
    We could try and run a game using the forums, a play-by-post.

Sure, I’d be up for that. Just as a reminder I’d be going for a tank-like character such as a Barbarian or Fighter since I don’t know 3rd Ed that well. Sort of a Fferout really 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.