Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Whartson Hall Gamers Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 03

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

The Power Tools continue to save the world…

Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 03

Filesize: 43MB

BigJackBrass wrote:
    “Going Underground”

The Power Tools face a cavern full of armed bastards. Even with Captain Redshirt willing (and likely) to die for the cause, can a spell-casting hoody, artificial ninja and petulant primate win through and reach the mysterious ancient machinery they came to find?

Weasel – The genial GM!

Sara – The spectacular Shadow Maiden!

Martin – The magnificent Magus!

Jon – The opinionated Orangutank!

NOTE DEAR LISTENERS: This episode marks a milestone for RPGMP3. This session breaks through the 1000 hours of audio mark for the main site.

Thats:

360000 Seconds

60000 Minutes

1000 Hours

41.66 Days

5.95 Weeks

1.48 Months

Thanks to all the contributors, Patrons, donors, fans, gaming celebs and everyone else who has supported the site. 1000 hours is a bloody long time to be gaming or listening.

Lets get on with the next 1000 🙂

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

Keener
    • Drider

Well that is spectacular thank you Hal and WHG as well as all the other people that contribute to all of the audios and to the operation of this wonderful site. 😀

Isis
    • Succubus

Blimey! 😯

Well done to all concerned.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

By ‘eck! 😯

A grand achievement Hal (*ahem* 😳 ) and something you should be proud of. It’s been great fun providing part of the listening for the community here.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Hal wrote:
    NOTE DEAR LISTENERS: This episode marks a milestone for RPGMP3. This session breaks through the 1000 hours of audio mark for the main site.

Thanks to all the contributors, Patrons, donors, fans, gaming celebs and everyone else who has supported the site. 1000 hours is a bloody long time to be gaming or listening.

Lets get on with the next 1000 🙂

AwesomeThread.jpg

ZachDood77
    • Thri-kreen

So what do the Whartys (Can’t be spelled right…) win? Fame? Fortune? A laser cannon?

Keener
    • Drider
    zachjack77 wrote:
    So what do the Whartys (Can’t be spelled right…) win? Fame? Fortune? A laser cannon?

They get to keep Mr. Weasel. 😀

ZachDood77
    • Thri-kreen

😯 Who would have gotten him if they lost?!?

Keener
    • Drider
    zachjack77 wrote:
    😯 Who would have gotten him if they lost?!?

I think that the BAGs and WHG would have to do a Weasel Ross swap. 😀

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

Thank you, Hal and the Whartsies! This is great stuff. I’m three sessions in, and enjoy it immensely.

Some thoughts I’m having while listening to the game.

1)I love the Magus’ ”do you know Stanley?” accent.

2)Somehow it makes perfect sense for a genius orang utan to sound like BJB.

3)Is it just me, or does Sara’s characters always get slightly shafted, in the sense that there is a big gulf between the character she seems to want and the one she gets?

4)The Necessary Evil idea (supervillain freedom fighters) is very neat, and seem to suit the Whartsies too.

5)Savage Worlds is less than ideal for supers. I like the rules fine for other stuff, but they’re not really geared for the fast-and-looseness of supers stories.

6)”Hi, we’re the Yog-Sothoth people! In this episode there will be eye-gouging, cannibal witches, and a nice lady will get her face ripped off on-screen. Yet we’re still more family friendly than Whartson Hall!” 😀

7)I giggled like a fool at the flatulence jokes. All my sophistication seems to vanish utterly when confronted with fart humor, and the Whartsies are masters.

Thanks again. 🙂 This is great entertainment.

Villains.jpg

Villains!

Keener
    • Drider

I think BJB or Martin need to answer number 3. The issue is usually that she tries to ninja everything with a single skill or ability.

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

Ninjing gets no respect these days. 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Hafwit wrote:
    2)Somehow it makes perfect sense for a genius orang utan to sound like BJB.

There was a terrible moment when I realised that the vain, pompous, ineffectual ape I was playing was, in fact, myself.

Hafwit wrote:
    3)Is it just me, or does Sara’s characters always get slightly shafted…

I beg your pardon? 😯

Hafwit wrote:
    …in the sense that there is a big gulf between the character she seems to want and the one she gets?

Ah, I see what you mean… It happens to all of us some of the time. Until you really understand a system and setting it’s all too easy to discover that you haven’t actually got what you expected. Perhaps Sara generally aims for a higher level of competence than low-level characters are allowed.

Hafwit wrote:
    5)Savage Worlds is less than ideal for supers. I like the rules fine for other stuff, but they’re not really geared for the fast-and-looseness of supers stories.

I agree. The scale and powers really don’t compare well with more dedicated supers systems. Okay at very low power levels, but pretty hopeless beyond that.

Hafwit wrote:
    All my sophistication seems to vanish utterly when confronted with fart humor, and the Whartsies are masters.

Thank you. I think.

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

Thank you very much. 🙂 I genuinely did not intend any of the praise to be backhanded.

Paws_McNasty
    • Flumph
    BigJackBrass wrote:

There was a terrible moment when I realised that the vain, pompous, ineffectual ape I was playing was, in fact, myself.

I laughed so hard at the thought of Clancy lounging about in a silken bathrobe, brilling his hair, and then donning his half-spectacles to attend to something that required his mechanical genius.

There is a villain named Monsieur Mallah that I could not help but find parallels to. The pomposity, of course, not the French. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Whartson Hall Gamers’ is closed to new topics and replies.