Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Whartson Hall Gamers Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 07

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

More fun with The Power Tools…

Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 7

Filesize: 62MB

BigJackBrass wrote:
    “Pressure Drop”

The Power Tools pile on the pressure in an old-fashioned slugfest as Davros’s minions try to defend the base, but it isn’t long before their boss wades into the fray.

Weasel – The geriatric GM!

Sara – The shimmering Shadow Maiden!

Martin – The mind-blowing Magus!

Jon – The orbital Orangutank!

Community Podcast Updated

Hal :hal:

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Thank you Mr. Hal!

Keener
    • Drider

Thank you Hal and WHG

MrTim
    • Commoner

Hi, George! 😉 I mean, Whartson Hall Gang! Long time listener, first time poster here. After listening to seven episodes of Necessary Evil I just have to ask . . .

What rules did you eventually settle on for Super Sorcery? It seems to be some hybrid of the Explorer’s Edition and Necessary Evil rules that I don’t quite grasp.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    MrTim wrote:
    What rules did you eventually settle on for Super Sorcery? It seems to be some hybrid of the Explorer’s Edition and Necessary Evil rules that I don’t quite grasp.

Sorcery isn’t something that Clancy would ever dirty his hands with, so I’m afraid I can’t answer your question, but I’ve mentioned it to our resident spellslinger. Of course, there’s a strong possibility that the rules weren’t settled on so much as made up on the spot… 😀

Nishastra
    • Flumph

If I recall, early on Martin discovered that Super Sorcery didn’t use power points at all, as power points are used for buying superpowers.

However, in every session since then he’s seemed to just use power points for his spells anyway 😛

I can’t say I know the rules myself, but I did notice that.

Martimus
    • Gelatinous Cube
    MrTim wrote:
    Hi, George! 😉 I mean, Whartson Hall Gang! Long time listener, first time poster here. After listening to seven episodes of Necessary Evil I just have to ask . . .

Welcome MrTim, glad you’re enjoying the sessions 🙂

Ahhhh Savage anything and the the rules thereof… It’s absolutely true, you don’t really use power points for super sorcery as you would in normal SW.

However, I ellected to keep them in because it adds a dramatic element to Dave’s powers; he only has limited ammunition before he turns back into a gun toting gangsta. It means we have to think of other ways of bailing ourselves out of the messes we get ourselves in to basically 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Martimus wrote:
    However, I ellected to keep them in because it adds a dramatic element to Dave’s powers; he only has limited ammunition before he turns back into a gun toting gangsta.

At which point he will, of course, have unlimited ammo for his gunz – he is bad-ass, after all. 😉

MrTim
    • Commoner
    Martimus wrote:
    It’s absolutely true, you don’t really use power points for super sorcery as you would in normal SW.

However, I ellected to keep them in because it adds a dramatic element to Dave’s powers

So is it basically the Necessary Evil rules for Super-Sorcery with the addition of power points, then?

By the way, the group dynamics for this one are absolutely marvelous. I’m really looking forward to more of Clancy, Dave, Shadow Maiden and Redshirt in the future!

Martimus
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Martimus wrote:
    However, I ellected to keep them in because it adds a dramatic element to Dave’s powers; he only has limited ammunition before he turns back into a gun toting gangsta.

At which point he will, of course, have unlimited ammo for his gunz – he is bad-ass, after all. 😉

Of course! 😉

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    MrTim wrote:
    I’m really looking forward to more of Clancy, Dave, Shadow Maiden and Redshirt in the future!

Vital to keep them together, of course. Poor David is something of a lost soul, really; he obviously sees Clancy very much as a father figure. And Shadow Maiden… well, the dear girl can hardly be expected to cope in the wider world alone… she’s little more than a science experiment, after all… When I think back to the dreadful state they were in until Clancy took pity on them and selflessly devoted his time to their welfare… 🙂

Martimus
    • Gelatinous Cube
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    MrTim wrote:
    I’m really looking forward to more of Clancy, Dave, Shadow Maiden and Redshirt in the future!

Vital to keep them together, of course. Poor David is something of a lost soul, really; he obviously sees Clancy very much as a father figure. And Shadow Maiden… well, the dear girl can hardly be expected to cope in the wider world alone… she’s little more than a science experiment, after all… When I think back to the dreadful state they were in until Clancy took pity on them and selflessly devoted his time to their welfare… 🙂

…’ Blow it out yer arse monkey!’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Whartson Hall Gamers’ is closed to new topics and replies.