Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Session 16 is Up!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay! I have been tied up sorting things out for the UK Student Nationals that are running her next weekend.

The downloads are all up so I hope you enjoy them! I will get the new stat blocks sorted for the characters as soon as I get a moment 😀

Cheers

Hal :hal:

tomlib
    • Orc

I’ve been listening to music in my desperation!

Well, off to listen to the game!

Tom

Update: Brilliant session. I really enjoyed it. The squeal of the loss of levels, the promise of unrelenting Balazaar tormenting, and the rather interesting possiblities of goblings (halfgobs).

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I enjoyed session 16, quality stuff as always.

I was stunned at the possiblity of a romantic subplot between Feylin and a goblin. How shocking! 😆

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Hal wrote:
    The downloads are all up so I hope you enjoy them! I will get the new stat blocks sorted for the characters as soon as I get a moment 😀

Stat blocks, shmat blocks, who cares about stats?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

It’s DnD! It’s all about the stats 😉

Just got back from a trip to The Lakes with Lindsay. All good fun in a log cabin with the fire etc 😛

Will get next session up as soon as I can a chance. Parents are also visiting (eating a lot of time) 😀

Cheers

Hal :hal:

spectre72
    • Commoner

Hal,

Did your group complained at all about the limited number of different types of creatures encountered in region A?

My group has completed about a third of Region A and are beginning to tire of Firendish rats, Darkmantles, and Stirges.

I am working for our next session on adding some new fiendish creatures to the mix.

I am working on a Fiendish Viper Swarm and a Fiendish Stirge Swarm for next time 😈

I am also amazed that your group has seemed to make it through Region A with apparent ease.

Last session ended with my group down 2 characters, out of spells, two down on CON from Stirges, and a couple of them diseased.

Of course I am considered a member of the “Rat Bastard” DM Club….

Scott

Nyarlathotep
    • Commoner
    spectre72 wrote:
    Hal,

Did your group complained at all about the limited number of different types of creatures encountered in region A?

My group has completed about a third of Region A and are beginning to tire of Firendish rats, Darkmantles, and Stirges.

I am working for our next session on adding some new fiendish creatures to the mix.

I am working on a Fiendish Viper Swarm and a Fiendish Stirge Swarm for next time 😈

I am also amazed that your group has seemed to make it through Region A with apparent ease.

Last session ended with my group down 2 characters, out of spells, two down on CON from Stirges, and a couple of them diseased.

Of course I am considered a member of the “Rat Bastard” DM Club….

Scott

If you were a real rat bastard, you’d switch the fiendish monsters out for devils! In my campaign, the group took so long to find the portal (3 points of damage? we rest the day!) that I had a kyton come through and take over the region. Then when they made it out of there, BOOM! Goblins with the phalanx fighting feat & toughness!

Edit: There is some cool stuff over in this thread at an enemy/other website 🙂

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=100030

spectre72
    • Commoner

Well for 1st and 2nd level characters I think that a thousand blood sucking stirges that will be atacking them will be more than enough, especially after the first two sessions…

And then think of a room crawling with hundreds of poisonous snakes..

My group is sucking it up and pressing forward with no stop for rest in the first 2 sessions (about a day in game time).

They are now about to rest for the first time.

Considering the shape they are in right now they need the rest to recover some, and even after rest a couple of characters are out of it for a little bit due to ability loss and disease.

I started each player off with 2 characters (one of which stays at “camp”) and after 2 sessions each player is down to 1 character that they can play due to disease or ability loss.

And one special player has had to make a new character after only 2 sessions. 😈

I think there are plenty of things I can use against them that will be plenty of challenge for there level without resorting to devils 😆

I am waiting a little bit and will be bashing them with those later…

Scott

SteveB
    • Orc

Hmmm, why yes, we did get enormously bored of the same old same old in Region A. Hal did throw in a few other fiendish beasties closer to the portal (like a couple of fiendish owlbears, a fiendish displacer beast and a fiendish minotaur).

We had our share of near death experiences, by the time we’d left Region A, all of us had been unconscious at least once, and several of us had been diseased and Con-drained by various creatures. We also had a foray into Region E…after which we ran screaming back into Region A, minus about 10 Strength points between us. 😯

But the beauty of Region A is the difference in the traps…not many were the same. And there’s even some plot in there somewhere, I’m told. 😛

spectre72
    • Commoner
    SteveB wrote:
    We also had a foray into Region E…after which we ran screaming back into Region A, minus about 10 Strength points between us.

In order to stop just this as a possibility from happening I placed magically locked doors between region A and E.

I remember listening to your session and have heard from other people that going from A to E was a good way for a TPK and my group immediately headed North.

I am currently working on several new creatures for the region to help bring some variety to the area.

I have enjoyed the recorded sessions and they have amused and entertained me during my preparations.

We are currently playing about once a month so it will be a while before I get to spring any more surprises on them.

TTYL

Scott

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.