Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter RPGMP3 Professionals Shattered Star Session 01

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

A small and unusually wimpy group of novice Pathfinders are recruited to track down an errant informant.

Shattered Star Session 01

Filesize: 349MB

Hal wrote:
    Lockhart does an awesome job wrangling one of the wettest groups of PCs I have ever seen. Including my own self…

Hopefully we will live long enough to work through this awesome adventure path.

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

Keener
    • Drider

You are going to die horribly thank you all. 😀

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Keener wrote:
    You are going to die horribly thank you all. 😀

And I’ll probably be 1st!

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

Ooh, nice. My Sat group just wiped right before reaching the dungeon in Chapter 2. Our own fault for not healing up after slaughtering —- something. Look forward to seeing another take on it.

Mordion
    • Orc

Hurrah! I’ve been waiting for this since August. 😀

dualshock71
    • Gelatinous Cube

Oooh, this sounds interesting! 🙂

Thank you, RPGMP3 Professionals! 😀

Peanuts
    • Flumph

Ahhh, awesome. This should be good to listen to 🙂

EDIT: Damn those are big files though! 😮

dualshock71
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Peanuts wrote:
    Ahhh, awesome. This should be good to listen to 🙂

EDIT: Damn those are big files though! 😮

Oh yes. That on top of the inevitable traffic hike from Hal posting new audio…took me something like an hour to get hold of these. Totally worth it, though. 🙂

Looking forward to more! 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oh yeah – these are monster long sessions of longness 🙂

What do you guys think? We really don’t have a primary fighter in the group and we don’t really have a wizard… should be interesting stuff to see if we can survive…

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oooops! Forgot to add this 🙂

Shattered Star Session 01 Screencast

Cheers

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Have started listening to this, and it sounds quite promising so far. 🙂

Lindsay, you might want to check out some of the Rogue Trader game recordings at Fandible. They’re a fantastic gaming group, and one of their players, Angela, plays a Kroot mercenary – basically a sentient gun-toting bird-like creature, or as one of the other players said: “Not bad for a space Chocobo”. 😀 Angela uses a very simple but super-effective gimmick when speaking in character: she intersperses her normal speech with chirping bird-noises, it’s hugely convincing and more than just a little bit unnerving.

There’s a couple of video ads for the game, where you can hear some snippets of Angela’s Kroot voice. You might want to use it as inspiration for Crow Girl, to make it more apparent to the other players and the listeners when you’re talking in character.

Re: the discussion on Tengu eggs, and the eating thereof – if the act of eating a non-fertilized egg (that has been lain by a sentient avian creature) is considered evil, or even Eeeevil, then by the same token certain *ahem* deglutitive activities must be equally Evil. So, every time Thing (or his character) goes clubbing, a number of alignment checks would be in order. 😉

Hal, when you called your character a “paramore of virtue”, was that just a slip of the tongue, or tongue-in-cheek? 🙂 Your character, Chrome Dome*, really seems like a rerun of one of the many Lawful Good pain-in-the-posterior PCs that constantly scuppered the other PCs’ morally dubious activities in previous games; he seems particularly reminiscent of Bilberry the halfling wizard from Castle Whiterock – he’s even got the same voice.

Maybe you should try to play a less squeaky clean character at some point?

*You should have played a midget Aasimar, it would have made it so much easier to just call you Chrome Gnome… Ooh! Wait, your character is a pseudo-Chinese monk, and there are buddhists in Eastern Asia – Chrome D’Aum! 😆

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thanks mate,

Yes – I wasn’t happy with where the character was heading personality wise, so you will hear a distinct shift away from the preachy mud-stickiness in the second audio 🙂

I am now heading towards a more curious, naive, monastic, unworldly approach with the aim of being generally good and law abiding rather than being an annoying dick 😛

Its a work in progress 😛

Mordion
    • Orc

Is this the game you were thinking of playing a Synthesist in? or was that something else?

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Just got the first real fight here, and boy, I thought TPK for certain, always a problem with a less than full group.

Is an Aasimar really a paragon though? They are really just outsider half breeds, not much different from a tiefling, really, just tending towards good. And how did you get CHA as such a dump stat with a racial +2? The min/maxer in me really likes them for paladins, so they can use both the cha and wis bonus.

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

I would assume that he used one of the racial archtypes from Blood of Angels to be a more specific type of Aasimar. At a guess, a Garuda-Blooded of an Archon-Blooded Aasimar.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘RPGMP3 Professionals’ is closed to new topics and replies.