Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Pathfinder Shattered Star Session 07

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Shattered Star Session 07

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 30 Jun 2013

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The party open a very large door and then encounter some tiny guys and their pet beasties

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/shattered_star_session_07.mp3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV6ECJVmPo4

Click here to download this file

ScottS
    • Flumph

Qadira is pronounced “Kadeera” rather than “Quadraya”   (  :gtfo: ) because it’s fake Arabic (so supposed to be the same as Quran/Koran etc.).  Kelesh is fake Arabia (not India), the cult of Sarenrae is fake Islam, Taldor is fake Byzantium, etc. etc.

Also, further input regarding loot dithering:  You should probably just compile a single cash total, under the assumption that everything gets sold, and then if anyone wants to keep anything, just take the appropriate half/full cost out of that person’s share.  I’ve seen/heard that method used in multiple independent groups, and it involves less dead time, asking the DM for each item “do I have permission to sell this” over and over again, etc.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Qadira is pronounced “Kadeera” rather than “Quadraya”   (  :gtfo: ) because it’s fake Arabic (so supposed to be the same as Quran/Koran etc.).  Kelesh is fake Arabia (not India), the cult of Sarenrae is fake Islam, Taldor is fake Byzantium, etc. etc.

Also, further input regarding loot dithering:  You should probably just compile a single cash total, under the assumption that everything gets sold, and then if anyone wants to keep anything, just take the appropriate half/full cost out of that person’s share.  I’ve seen/heard that method used in multiple independent groups, and it involves less dead time, asking the DM for each item “do I have permission to sell this” over and over again, etc.

The problem of such a system arises when a player does not have enough gold, or the item clearly over values the rest of the loot share at that moment. They still require everyone’s permission to be ‘loaned’ the item by the party until they can pay it off. And if the player doesn’t have enough and the party sells it? The item’s value has now doubled and may or may not be available for purchase depending on the whims of the GM.

I don’t think our inventory is too bad. I do wish that more people would take the items straight to their character sheets instead of dithering in the inventory pile, and that the to -sell list was compiled and valued over e-mails beforehand. But I feel a GM shouldn’t overstep too far in this regard. The players have earned the items, they must decide what to do.

ScottS
    • Flumph

>>>The problem of such a system arises when a player does not have enough gold, or the item clearly over values the rest of the loot share at that moment. They still require everyone’s permission to be ‘loaned’ the item by the party until they can pay it off. And if the player doesn’t have enough and the party sells it? The item’s value has now doubled and may or may not be available for purchase depending on the whims of the GM. 

Working as intended?

If you accept Wealth By Level is supposed to be a thing, then

a) everyone is supposed to be getting a mostly equal share of the total treasure you hand out

b) if they get a good item “too early” then there has to be an incentive for them to sell it rather than keep

If they get a cash split first then spend it on desired gear in the pile, a) is automatically taken care of.  If someone can’t throw enough cash together to buy a particularly good find, then chances are it’s valued more than current WBL, and b) is also taken care of.  (People might ruin that by “loaning” one guy all the money, but then you get to gently remind them later on why their characters are sucking. because the guy with the +2 glaive-guisarme or whatever is carrying all their treasure, i.e. you set the expectation that everyone should be spending their shares mostly on themselves.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.