Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Pathfinder Shattered Star Session 22

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Shattered Star Session 22

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 30 Jun 2013

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The party explore more of the dungeon and face a horrid mind bending creature. It seems to be a bad day to be a construct following the party around

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/shattered_star_session_22.mp3

http://youtu.be/2nqhFyUL31I

Click here to download this file

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

With the gray oozes in this episode, maybe they are more of an Alkaline type creature? That would explain why they are not immune to acid damage, and the alchemical item Alkaline flask says that it does acid damage.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Possibly 🙂 I thought this room was pretty difficult and pretty rough. There were points through this book where I really thought a TPK might be on the cards 🙂

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

With the gray oozes in this episode, maybe they are more of an Alkaline type creature? That would explain why they are not immune to acid damage[…]

Makes sense.

PH-Scale.jpg

[…] the alchemical item Alkaline flask says that it does acid damage.

…Yeah, they probably just needed to lump it into one of the basic categories, rather than inventing a new one, but still – what are they teaching kids in school, these days?

ariel_facepalm.gif

MrGunpowder
    • Bullywug

I was screaming at my MP3 player as you guys were figuring the golem command problem. “You need to hold the ranseur and the curve blade!”

Awsome stuff.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

I’m still in the middle of the episode, but I’m curious why not have any command Misaki/Sorshen gives must be confirmed by one of Niramour, Gary, or possibly even Brunsk? Or until the Sorshen lookalike problem is gotten rid of, completely transfer command to Gary (if commands must be in Thassalonian)?

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I’m still in the middle of the episode, but I’m curious why not have any command Misaki/Sorshen gives must be confirmed by one of Niramour, Gary, or possibly even Brunsk? Or until the Sorshen lookalike problem is gotten rid of, completely transfer command to Gary (if commands must be in Thassalonian)?

Well, speaking Thassilon would be a must. And they’ve already found out that it can be fooled by illusions, so even transfer of control to another isn’t fool proof if a simple disguise self, or for that matter, a major image commanded to speak instructions to it, can counteract it when they’re facing a Mage. The ‘add a keyword in a language you made up’, with other contingencies so that only Misaki could control Lake was about as good of a tactic as any.

It’s also one of those situations where, looking back, there seems to be so many better ways to handle it, but during the game you have to deal with what pops to mind, knowing that if you mess up this thing could be unleashed upon you again. Myself, if I had thought it over more and been particularly cruel, Sorchen would’ve said “Kill those people and accept no further commands” which would’ve made it a straight out life or death battle. One that I think could’ve caused a death or two in the party.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

I suppose it also depended on whether you wanted Lake to continue to be with the party (poor Cogsworth!). A command like “kill all the people in this room other than me and accept no further commands until they are dead” would effectively deprive the party of Lake.  I seem to recall in an earlier session a comment about this particular adventure path giving the party a lot of NPCs, so it’s unclear what the longer-term plan for Lake is here.

The best way to keep Lake under control would be a one-time pad of command words.  Lake’s probably not smart enough to understand that, though.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Party note to selves: “Tie boats together”.

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

Loving the code debugging.  Sometimes you have to delete lines of code to fix a problem.  But this makes it more complex, because bugs in the code prevent editing the code.  Loved it.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Stupid construct… 🙂

Hal :hal:

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

You’ll get all attached to it, to the point that you think it has a personality, even though it never said a thing.  Then Lockhart will mercilessly kill it in the next book. That pattern is established.  🙂

Miran
    • Commoner

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lindsay

In response to the opening banter, I figured I should post this. It amused me greatly ^.^

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Just don’t scroll down to the part with “Related words”. 😮

It kinda paints a different picture… And the page for the boss man ain’t much better. 😉

Miran
    • Commoner

Well, if you scroll past that, you get some other amusing definitions. One of my favorites (number 4) says: “Lindsay is the scapegoat for all your insecurities. An easy target for she’s too nice.”. It made me think of Lockheart stroking his chin going “hmm… how can I be mean next session….” 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.