Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Pathfinder Shattered Star Session 24

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Shattered Star Session 24

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 22 Jul 2013

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The party encounter some resistance from the Maidens and find a secret demon temple. There is some funny running about.

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/shattered_star_session_24.mp3

http://youtu.be/UTxhMl5pzJY

Click here to download this file

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

Just a comment on some comments in the session: ROLEMASTER ROCKS!!!! 🙂  😀  😎

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Damn straight! 🙂

Hal :Hal:

MonkeyBoy
    • Commoner

Hal,

So glad these recordings exist but sometimes the bickering between yourself and Lyndsay is ridiculous.  I’m sure it’s just part of your relationship but as a listener who doesn’t know you both personally it can really be hard to deal with sometimes.  You all are aware that these recordings are going public but so often the tangents she goes off on are very derailing during an encounter … and then she gets angry at you for telling her what to do … and then she doesn’t know what’s going on anyway.

I love Lockhart’s GMing style and am enjoying listening to the Shattered Star storyline.  Just saying this as a listener.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thanks for the comments and I am happy that you like the audios.

As we have stated many times before, these audios are unedited tabletop banter. They are, not were they ever intended to be, a professional recording, so sometimes things get in there that might wander away from the plot a little.

Helping other players is part of gaming – as is the banter that goes along with that. I have never played a single game where it has just been gaming all the time – there are always conversations about things people have done through the week, TV, nerd trivia, all kinds of stuff.

I am not quite sure what you are suggesting in the post or what you are considering bickering. Everything is light heated. Perhaps if you watched one of the YouTube videos you might see that no one is offended in the slightest.

Hal :hal:

MonkeyBoy
    • Commoner

Hal: Oh, I totally understand about the off-topic banter and things like that.  Just as an “outsider” her comments directed at you sometimes sound overly critical (even though I’m sure that wasn’t the intent).  There were a few moments during this particular recording where she said some things to you that she probably never would have said to Lockhart or Thing due to her out-of-game relationship with you and her in-game friendship with them.

Moving forward I’ll just keep in mind that it doesn’t bother you so I’ll ignore it myself.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I love Lockhart’s GMing style and am enjoying listening to the Shattered Star storyline.

Welcome to the site, sir – and incidentally, what a fine choice of online moniker. 😉

If you’ve enjoyed hearing Lockhart flexing his ample GMing muscles, you should consider listening to some of the Yorkton Gamer Guild audio on the site. Lockhart is their main GM, and their episodes are excellent.

There’s even a weekly discussion incentive going on at the moment, with the topic of the week being episode 1 of the YGGernauts’ Jade Regent campaign.

If you’re a fan of huge dungeon-crawls with plenty of hilarity, try the Dragon’s Delve.

The players are extremely potty-mouthed, but since they’re equal-opportunity offenders, it comes across as far more even-handed. 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey P-M,

Looks like you have a sidekick to wear some of those extra Lycra tights you have been hoarding 😛

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hey P-M,

Looks like you have a sidekick to wear some of dat extra tight Lycra you have been hoarding 😛

Corrected that typo for you, sir. 😉

spandex.jpg

Ladies! Wait up. Daddy’s coming. 🙂

MonkeyBoy
    • Commoner

Welcome to the site, sir – and incidentally, what a fine choice of online moniker. 😉

If you’ve enjoyed hearing Lockhart flexing his ample GMing muscles, you should consider listening to some of the Yorkton Gamer Guild audio on the site. Lockhart is their main GM, and their episodes are excellent.

There’s even a weekly discussion incentive going on at the moment, with the topic of the week being episode 1 of the YGGernauts’ Jade Regent campaign.

I’ve listened to a few of the Jade Regent recordings and they are next on my to-do list once I get through episode 27 of Shattered Star.  I’ll be sure to check out some of the other stuff, he’s a great GM and I’ve actually picked up a few things some of my old characters have done wrong that a previous GM never noticed … or if he noticed he didn’t offer it up that I wasn’t taking additional actions coming to me.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I have to say, I still think World’s Largest Dungeon is worth a listen 🙂

And if you have about 12 months there is always Warlords of the Accordlands

Hal

MonkeyBoy
    • Commoner

I have to say, I still think World’s Largest Dungeon is worth a listen 🙂

And if you have about 12 months there is always Warlords of the Accordlands

Hal

Hal, do you GM one of these?  A few times in early SS recordings you made comments about asking questions as a player that would have bothered you as a GM.  I’d be curious to listen to your GMing style.  

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ha ha!

Yes – I run the World’s Largest Dungeon recordings. Essentially almost everything on the RPGMP3 Downloads section of the site is run my me…

Not sure about style. I think I tend towards more fast and loose 🙂

What would you lot recommend he listen to to get an idea of my GM style? I suggest a little Rolemaster perhaps? Maybe some Temple of Time?

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I’d suggest a little Labour of Love to get a handle of Hal’s GMing style. Or A Jolly Proper Adventure.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Christmas specials? 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.