Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Pathfinder Shattered Star Session 26

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Shattered Star Session 26

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 25 Jul 2013

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The party find some more Grey Maidens and they are as friendly as always. They quieten down after a little persuasion and their leader is finally discovered.

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/shattered_star_session_26.mp3

http://youtu.be/O50ohtOGtpg

Click here to download this file

thad
    • Thri-kreen

Right… all caught up! Ha!! Bring on the next episode!!!

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

You are a glutton for punishment @[member=”thad”]

thad
    • Thri-kreen

It’s a nice thing to have playing (the video) while I’m working on crafting something.

i-zuki
    • Commoner

I am also all caught up its very nice when your job is more or less data entry and answering phones for about an hour

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Congrats to those who have caught up so fast. It’s a lot to process, but what do you think so far of the dungeons, the conflicts, and how the heroes have handled it?

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

Right, now that I am caught up to date with the released Shattered Star episodes, I thought that I might comment on the Monks version of Stunning Fist. All of the conditions that a Monk can do with a Stunning Fist attack have different durations. Yes, the Stun effect only last for 1 round, but the Fatigued effect lasts until the target rests for 8 hours or have Lesser Restoration or similar spell cast on them. The Sickened  effect lasts for 1 minute. The Staggered effect (which will be gained at 12th level) lasts fo 1d6+1 rounds. At 16th level (if he reaches that high he could permanently Blind or Deafen his target.

Sorry about the wall of text, but I thought I should bring it up, just to make things a little more tactical for @[member=”Hal”]. 🙂

Keener
    • Drider

I have been on stress leave so I have lots of time to catch up on these audios. I have really enjoyed them thank you people.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

You are totally welcome, but don’t they increase the stress? 🙂

Hal :hal:

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

A few more thoughts on the characters so far:

• If they happen to have a feat available, Niramoor and Misaki might like to take Nimble Moves to stop that “I’m sorry, you can’t take a 5ft step because you are in difficult terrain” Bullsh!t.
    • A different option would be a Wand of Feather Step. 1st level spell, last 10 minutes per level, allows you to completely ignore difficult terrain.
    • Niramoor might want to invest in a Wand of Mage Armor. He won’t be able to use it himself, but Misaki would (probably) activate it for him. It would be a fairly cheap way to raise his armor class (only 15 gold per charge).
    • I don’t know what @[member=”Thing”] has in mind for Gary’s spells, but he might want to consider Resist Energy and Prayer. Death Ward and Freedom of Movement are both 4th level spells I find quite useful, and he might like to take either Magic Vestment or Invisibility Purge as later 3rd level spells. To make his fire spells better, maybe take Elemental Focus: Fire, or Spell Focus: Evocation.
    Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Nice Thoughts @[member=”The_Emerald_Flame”],

Most of those spells are on Garys want to have list, although I am evaluating  utility vs the limited spell slots I get as an Oracle.  I might try and cover some with Pages of Spell Knowledge, if Gary can afford them.

I like the feats you suggest, although I am debating if I should try to increase the effectiveness of my fire  spells, or try and pick up another elemental type or , Perhaps Elemental spell so I  can deal half another element since we do seem to be facing a bit of demonic creatures with fire resistance or immunity.  Plus the idea of a sphere or half flame, half acid is pretty neat.

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

Maybe buy a Mnemonic Vestment and some scrolls/a spellbook. I think there is a later revalation that you need a spellbook for, so the spellbok would be useful.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Yeah, there is a revelation that would let me cast spells from a spell book (Arcane Archivist),  for a +1 level increase, although they erase from the spellbook on casting so I could turn spell pages into scrolls for a +1 level adjustment (and I probably still have do material components) 

The Menomic Vestment seems to confer the same benefit, without the level increase and consuming the spell.  It’s on my shopping list for when we get back to civilization.  I need to consult my list of wants once Niramor splits out party funds, etc

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I designed Niramour as a monk that doesn’t like to move 🙂 You can hear me complaining when Lockhart backs off and I have to do more than a 5 foot step 🙂

He is focused on Strength and damage output as much as I can possibly manage. I am most likely looking at picking you Greater Weapon Focus (Unarmed) at next level to line me up to get Greater Weapon Specialization (Unarmed) after level 12. I figure I am a Martial Artist so I might as well try to benefit from being able to take Fighter feats 🙂

I think I am looking to pick up a Monk’s Robe to further increase my damage output further. I also want to enchant my Amulet of Mighty Fists +1 some more, perhaps adding the Holy feature to do +2d6 damage to evil things. I agree I need more AC, I might my Bracers of Armor +1 to a +2 and perhaps pick up a Ring of Protection and the ubiquitous Cloak of Resistance to improve my hardiness.

I am also looking at the possibility of a Wand of Strong Jaw – though it would be 21K it would make me hit as if I was 2 size categories larger (which might be interesting to combine with Enlarge Person and Lead Blades 😛 )

I like this kind of character planning conversation 🙂

Hal :hal:

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Hal…we totally forgot that Niramour is under a constant magical buff that would’ve been dispelled entering into the cleansing chamber. Your age reducer spell thingy. Pretty sure a -1 to your phys stats is a prett big debuff all things considered. They’re all at evens no?

So, just so you know, I remember it now, next time I get an opponent with dispel, you better be prepared to deal with the numbers changing pretty quick ;P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.