Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Pathfinder Shattered Star Session 29

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Shattered Star Session 29

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 03 Feb 2014

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/shattered_star_session_29.mp3

The party arrive in Kaer Maga and decide to take the Halflight Path up to the city. With their Duskwarden guide and a merchant and his sons and their wares, they are ambushed. They party barely survive and only with a little nerfing and favorable combat tactics from the GM. Otherwise, the game would have certainly ended here.

Kind GM – Lockhart

Misaki / Treacle the Savior of Peasantry- Lindsay

Gary the Elf, Holder of Useful Spells – Thing

Niramour the Terribly Sorry to Brunsk – Hal

http://youtu.be/ApvN1q08K3M

Click here to download this file

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc

Ooh what a pleasant surprise. Off to watch it now

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I’m gonna have to give this a listen myself. This one was the first where we used entirely roll20 to game, no google hangouts. We were having some hangout issues that night. Anyway, I experienced a bit of sound quality issues on my end through roll20 after extended use and had to reset my connection (which you’ll see), and I’m hoping there was no such issues with the recording computer.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I give it a spot check and it seemed OK even towards the end. I don’t think the audio quality is quite a good as Hangouts but I think it is pretty good.

Hal :hal:

Daniel
    • Succubus

Lockhart, if you’re having problems recording I can strongly recommend just using Skype.  Its what we’ve been using since day 1 and frankly the software add-ons available these days make recording a piece of piss.  Perfect quality too.  We use the Pretty May add-on, but there are loads of free versions out there too. 🙂

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Lockhart, if you’re having problems recording I can strongly recommend just using Skype. Its what we’ve been using since day 1 and frankly the software add-ons available these days make recording a piece of piss. Perfect quality too. We use the Pretty May add-on, but there are loads of free versions out there too. 🙂

I don’t do the recording, and honestly the problems tend not to be on my end. Mostly it’s internet usage from Hal and Lindsay as they’re essentially running three computers through one internet connection. Though there was also heating issue with Mr. Thing’s computer this time, which is hopefully fixed. It just happened to be a perfect storm of problems this weekend and using just roll20 seemed to be a balance of something that was working and didn’t have too much extra resource eating added into it. I’d like to think Google Hangouts has treated us relatively well quality wise, though latest updates have seemed to make it more resource intensive. Perhaps we will have to experiment with running Skype for audio and video through Roll20? Skype add-ons doesn’t fully solve our problems because it won’t handle the video recording aspect of SS, but if we have continued trouble with hangouts, it might be an option for better audio and switching to Roll20 for all video/board needs. Roll20 is rather handy in allowing the choice of broadcasting and receiving video&voice, or one or the other, or none.

*Can hear the players groaning about more technical experimentation*

Edit: Giving a listen, not happy with quality, though it is usable in this case. While Thing and Hal are quite clear, Lindsay is a bit muffled, and I sound miles away. And overall, a bit of ‘skipping’ and digitization all around. Hangout audio quality is superior.

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

I have found that skype can have it’s own problems, especially in over long time frames.  Aside from getting the connection setup Ootak has been doing fine with hangouts.

Daniel
    • Succubus

See, we’ve definitely encountered the long-time frame issue with Skype, but re-starting the call whenever we stop for a pee break quickly became second nature.  Although I think this is going to be one of those cases where we all have our systems that we like and we’ll defend our chosen software to the death! 😀

VOIP Holy War anybody? 😛

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I did say that Hangout audio quality was better 🙂 And it seems to be OK for long stretches.

Hopefully all will be well when next we meet. I honestly blame Comcast for most of the issues – they just seem to suck very hard…

So what do people think about the actual game ? 😀

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

What would people think of a bonus mini-podcast of me and Hal going over the Seugathi and trying to actually get a proper CR for it? 😛

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I’d like that 🙂

ScottS
    • Flumph

A one-sentence minicast?  (“Lower the Will DCs”)

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Oooo, new Shartered Star. I know what I’m listening to tonight.

insert witticism here

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

What would people think of a bonus mini-podcast of me and Hal going over the Seugathi and trying to actually get a proper CR for it? 😛

Sounds good to me. 🙂

generalofdisorder
    • Bullywug

I’m curious to know what the proper CR would be. 

Also did I miss something about Misaki not being sorshen anymore?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.