Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter Save My Game! Skill Points

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

Is there any way to gain skill points other then when leveling up? My character is rather thick (INT 4) and only gets one point per level.

DrNick
    • Flumph

I have a pretty good knowledge of the D&D rules (I’m a Master Level GM). I haven’t seen any way to gain skill points other than levelling up or a bonus gained on levelling up…

Of course, there is bound to be a broken prestige class out there somewhere that does it 😉 (Also, check Arcana Unearthed, there may be alternate rules for that kinda stuff in there)

Salubrai
    • Succubus

And it’s of course fun as anything to play the stupid dude who somehow manages to always come out on top because people expected so little from him.

Look at Gerout.

Rich
    • Bullywug

No need for broken Prestiege classes, the Feat “Open Minded” from the Complete Adventurer does the job: Immediately gain 5 skills points to spend as normal. Can be taken multiple times.

Rich 8)

DrNick
    • Flumph

So… a bonus gained when you level then… Just as I said. If feats are the way you want to go, consider these:

Jack of all trades (Use any skill, even “trained only” ones)

Skill Focus (+3 to 1 skill)

Skillful Talent (Gain an extra skill point each level)

The Skill Focus feat comes in various forms, basically allowing you to pick any two skills for a +2 bonus each instead. (Acrobatic, Investigator, Negotiator etc…)

There are more, but my memory fails. Of course if you’re a fighter you’ve got better things to be doing with your feats anyhow 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Save My Game!’ is closed to new topics and replies.