Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Introductions St. Louis Chimes In

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    tomlib
    • Orc

Hello everyone.

My name is Tom and I’m from St. Louis. I’ve been gaming since High School and I’m 40 years old now. You can do the math.

I’m currently on hiatus as GM of my group while I put the finishing touches on a new campaign. I like to a run a large story arc from start to finish and then take some time off to begin a new loop. Sort of like the WLD but all of my own design.

We play mostly Dungeon and Dragons because we are a large group of up to ten players. I love running Cthulhu but it is impractical with such a big group. I do have a few good stories from past sessions.

I’m also playing in a Victorian England Super Hero game on Tuesday nights although my job has left me out of that loop for a couple of months now. Hopefully I will return soon.

I’ve taken to recording sessions of the D&D group but the number of players makes it fairly impossible for a stranger to figure out what is going on. I plan on recording my own GM sessions when I start up again and I’ll post them when they become available but it will likely be quite confusing.

My gaming and picture gallery web site is at http://www.andyliss.us if anyone wants to take a quick look.

I love listening to other groups gaming and it gives me great ideas as a GM.

Tom

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hey Tom,

Fellow St. Louisan here, actually living in Arnold. Always glad to see others online from The Lou! 🙂

tomlib
    • Orc

Hello Cob37,

Lower or Upper Arnold? (That’s an inside joke so everyone else will be completely without comprehension)

I’m just in the process of getting all the gaming information from last night set up. I do an adventurer summary on my web site. Hopefully I will introduce an audio section soon.

I’ve also put up Annotated Maps from the WLD dungeon with the story so far. You can check them out by going to my home page http://www.andyliss.us and then to the gaming section and then scrolling to the very bottom of the maps. I hesitated putting them up but now that the WLD Maps are posted on this board I don’t see any reason why mine would violate copyrights.

I hope to transcribe session 12 today and update my site to reflect the most recent adventures of the group.

Remind me to tell you about the Gateway Guardian super hero group that I played in a few years ago. Ahhh, Wonder Boy (who was built along the lines of the Wand of Wonder). Good fun.

Tom

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    tomlib wrote:
    Remind me to tell you about the Gateway Guardian super hero group that I played in a few years ago. Ahhh, Wonder Boy (who was built along the lines of the Wand of Wonder). Good fun.

Tom

That game didn’t have a certain “Master Bates”, did it? As in Joe?

Slag
    • Commoner

Hi my name is Scott, I play Slag in Cobs world of skell, factions of auronia some of you may have listened to.

I started playing the basic set back in the early 80s, and have played every other inception of dnd since. I live in L.A (lower arnold), actually Imperial, MO. I just wanted to give a shout out to the other STL people.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

Slag likes to ask “What’s going on?”, “What do you have there?”, and my personal favorite, 😕 “I don’t know what I’m doing here.” 😕

Although, last game (the June 3, 2005 Super Size Game Session) Slag had plenty to get riled up about. 😡

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Welcome Slag, I have Thursday Knights 06-02-2005 session paused on my desktop. I listen while I program at work. I’m must be the ‘one fan’ mentioned in a recent factions of auronia session. 😆

You guys are entertaining. Again welcome to the forums.

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

Actually, I just got around to converting Auronia and burning the discs for my car MP3 player. Should begin listening to them in the next day or two. Maybe a 2nd fan is on the way ❗

Slag
    • Commoner
    Cob37 wrote:
    Slag likes to ask “What’s going on?”, “What do you have there?”, and my personal favorite, 😕 “I don’t know what I’m doing here.” 😕

Although, last game (the June 3, 2005 Super Size Game Session) Slag had plenty to get riled up about. 😡

Bustin Slags balls…hes a simple, uneducated, unhappy dwarf unwillingly involved in things far beyond his comprehension. What do you expect?

Slag
    • Commoner
    ENoa4 wrote:
    Welcome Slag, I have Thursday Knights 06-02-2005 session paused on my desktop. I listen while I program at work. I’m must be the ‘one fan’ mentioned in a recent factions of auronia session. 😆

You guys are entertaining. Again welcome to the forums.

I am not sure to take that we are entertaining as a compliment or to feel sorry for you but at least someone is enjoying Cob obsessive recordings. I am sure the shouts out to the one person listening will only get worse.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I just finished listening to your trek through tomachan, now I’m starting at the begging. Slag is the crispy dwarf, right? 😆

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    ENoa4 wrote:
    I just finished listening to your trek through tomachan, now I’m starting at the beginning. Slag is the crispy dwarf, right? 😆

With a name like Slag, he has to be crispy and burned. 😆

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    EegahInc wrote:
    Actually, I just got around to converting Auronia and burning the discs for my car MP3 player. Should begin listening to them in the next day or two. Maybe a 2nd fan is on the way ❗

Well, a fan would be great but I’d settle for “Hey man, it didn’t make me burn my 2E books.”

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I haven’t burned my 2nd edition books (yet). 😆 Seriously, great stuff…keep it coming.

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m almost the through the first session. (I think it’s the first. It starts with the ship in the desert.) I have to say I appreciate the detail in the setting and the time spent roleplaying.

My old DM was a monster a minute guy, which was a lot of fun, but as i get (sob) older, I really like the creative part of it all. I play online, and in our last 3.5 hour session we spent over two hours just aquiring horses. I know it sounds boring, but it was great, lot’s of time for character building and interaction.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to following your game. And then I’ll have to start on the Naught audio. I guess my CD’s will gather dust for awhile.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.