Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Strand Gamers – who originally released audio on this site before starting out on their own – have started a new campaign!

It is a Changeling game set in Nightingale – a trouble magnet of a city set somewhere in the US the seat of a previous game of theirs.

Their games are often deep but stuffed full of comic moments.  I recommend that you check them out if you have not already 🙂

AndrewRJ
    • Flumph

Glad to hear that they have gotten things back up and running.  I used to stop by and listen to their Vampire Game as I used to work down the block from where they recorded.  It was a disappointment when they took a break, Although I don’t begrudge them the break.  Life is like that.  

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

True – sounds like there were a few issues that happened but they seem to have been resolved.  Their Vampire game was indeed a lot of fun to listen to.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

It’s a shame their Shadowrun game tanked, the introductory character interaction was top notch. 🙂

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I miss having them around here 🙁 But it good to see them back recording again 🙂

Hal :hal:

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I never particularly listened to them too much, because unfortunately I’m the type that must start at the beginning, and there were severe audio issues in the beginning >.> Still, good to hear RPGMP3 legacy groups keep on going.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I never particularly listened to them too much, because unfortunately I’m the type that must start at the beginning, and there were severe audio issues in the beginning >.> Still, good to hear RPGMP3 legacy groups keep on going.

You can easily skip their Kingmaker game if that’s what you are talking about (I must say I didn’t notice any audio problems myself).  Their group is pretty varied so you won’t miss much if you jump to another game.  For example, Inquisition of Blood is an especially entertaining sandbox and runs to a hefty 42 sessions.

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Hip hip horray! I am glad that Nick and crew are back. I came here to post for that specific reason!

If you haven’t listened to them and are a fan of actual play podcasts, then you have done yourself a disservice. =)

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc

You can easily skip their Kingmaker game if that’s what you are talking about (I must say I didn’t notice any audio problems myself). 

But…. Kingmaker was awesome… probably my favorite and what got me hooked on their stuff. I don’t recall any major audio problems either but it’s been a long time so maybe I’m just remembering the awesome and letting that gloss over the problems.

AndrewRJ
    • Flumph

My only problem with their kingmaker game was there inability to figure out which way the river was flowing and other geology based issues…  Given that I am a Geologist.  I had a literal headdesk moment listening to them. 🙂

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

Some of the players infuriated me.  It felt like they were sabotaging games, but most of their audio was great.  Especially liked the Vampire game.  Was sad at how that one turned out.  Good to hear they are back up and running.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Some of the players infuriated me.  It felt like they were sabotaging games, but most of their audio was great.

I can see how you would get that.  I suppose that some of that might have been going on.  It seems to me that a lot of their games run on a sandbox setting so gives PC’s plenty of space to act and Nick – who usually GM’s them – is pretty good at keeping the narrative going when one of the PC’s does something ‘unhelpful’.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.