Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings BAG People Savage Worlds Sundered Skies Grown-Up Edition Session 09

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

File Name: Sundered Skies Grown-Up Edition Session 09

File Submitter: ross

File Submitted: 19 Nov 2013

File Category: Savage Worlds

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Out_Of_The_Bag/SunderedSkiesSession9-Intro-Bk-Vortex-Patron-Promo-Red-Box-DnD-Dark-Mage-Pt-II-Plus-Call-to-Adventure.mp3

Over the Hills and Quite Far Away

October 22nd, 2013.

Struggling against incessant real-world distractions of BBC’s Bake Off finale and a 50% dog increase at the Dulson residence, Captain Captain and the crew of the Corrodium are caught in in-game combat, as well!

Having collected three heroic souls – Whitefire’s draconic soul-stone, Balladier’s auto-harp, and Wotcher’s orcish murder-armor – Our Brave HeroesTM now seek the restless spirit of a slain dwarven hero. Rumours are spreading of a rogue dwarven automaton, Kinslayer, who pilots the sky-ship Stonesplitter and attacking its former kinsfolk.

Coincidence? Certainly not! Well, maybe. But the winds of Destiny! are in their sails! Unfortunately, the dwarven captain Lockwrench has turned against Captain Captain and his crew, who are now forced to fight both their former dwarven allies, and the formidable Kinslayer!

Will the crew be able to shenaniganize their foes with H.P. Lovecraft’s lost couplet: Things a Lady Should Not Hear? Or did the Adventure Cards arrive too late to save Wayne’s head from being used as a miniature? And who is that gnarly dwarf from Wolverhampton with a surf board tucked under his oxter, and why is he trying to sell the crew some prime real estate – complete with an upside-down volcano?

All this, and bun juggling, in this exciting episode!

Featuring:

Fin – Sour Milk, white cat Wildling ninja.

Max – Tordek the Unlikeable, Dwarven chef.

Steve – Jerath, song-priest of the mad god Festival.

Tina – Eyrie, an incredibly shiny Drakin sorceress/princess, and the ship’s owner.

Wayne – Cpt. Captain, Glowborn captain of the good ship Rhodium.

Ross – the GM.

gallery_10823_6_104561.jpg

Intro: Black Vortex (C) Kevin MacLeod.

Outro: Spanky the Upload-Bot presents a Sneak Preview of the Patron Exclusive BAG Red Box D&D: The Dark Mage’s Cloak pt. II!

Song Priest’s Cannonade: Call to Adventure (C) Kevin MacLeod.

Added silliness by P. Monkey.

Click here to download this file

ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

good work sir 🙂

Keener
    • Drider

This is a great audio, thank you Ross and all the lovely BAG people. I am looking forward to more.

ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

glad you like 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Aye aye, the further adventures of Captain Captain and the crew of the Corrhodium are eagerly anticipated. 🙂

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Absolutely loving this game. I guess I’m just a BAGddict

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Absolutely loving this game. I guess I’m just a BAGddict

Count me in 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Heard on the FB grape vine that there’s only been a couple more episodes recorded since session 09, due to various accidents.

We have missed a couple of sessions recently, Big Max’s accident a couple of weeks ago caused one, Tina was away last week and I also couldn’t make it that week. Sadly RL gets in the way of gaming 🙁 I can’t even manage a game on Christmas Eve this year, although Old Year’s Night is fine for me 🙂

Yeah a bike accident, but in a little 125, the Harley idea being shelved for a while.
    Net result two broken wrists which does look as comical as it sounds when he’s rolling dice.

But yeah, very much looking forward to more adventures from the Sundered Skies! [/boomingvoice]

binder
    • Commoner

Happy to hear there is more Sundered Skies coming – it is by far my favourite fantasy RPG setting. As I came into the recording not really knowing the group (despite likely having listened to one or other BAG recordings over the years), I was surprised to hear Fin. I suppose he must be one of the most recorded Actual Play gamers in the whole wide inter-web 😛  

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

I suppose he must be one of the most recorded Actual Play gamers in the whole wide inter-web 😛

Maybe, I think it’s about possible to listen to one session a day for an entire year without repeat. But that’s over a decade(ish) of recording. 😮

We have three more sessions of Sundered Skies recorded, but that’s it for 2013, Steve has regained control of the GM’s “Chair” for the remainder of the year.

But fear not Sundered Skies shall return in the New Year… probably… If we can get Steve to relinquish the GM role again. (With the number of different systems he is looking at, It will take another 6 months to narrow it down to a D20 roll :tiphat: )

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Maybe, I think it’s about possible to listen to one session a day for an entire year without repeat. But that’s over a decade(ish) of recording. 😮

*Fiddles with abacus*

Lessee here, 105 episodes of Warlords & Accordions, 33 episodes of Runepunk, 9 Sundered Skies, plus various one-offs, character gens, Santa’s Soldiers, Patron-exclusive stuff and so on… And that’s just the BAG stuff, Fin’s been in two score WLD sessions, some Paranoia… Probably getting close to 200 episodes featuring Fin, on RPGMP3 dotta com alone. Then there’s the Yoggie audio, which should double or triple that amount, easy. :O

But fear not Sundered Skies shall return in the New Year… probably… If we can get Steve to relinquish the GM role again. (With the number of different systems he is looking at, It will take another 6 months to narrow it down to a D20 roll :tiphat: )

Huzzah! We shall await your fine audio goodness with barely-contained excitement. 🙂

MERRY_CHRISTMAS_by_Emotikonz.gif

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Tina seemed quite enthusiastic about Steve’s suggestion to run Achtung! Cthulhu, or Deadlands, or Weird West, or… 🙂

ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

just gave this a quick listen, loving Spanky the Upload-Bot 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Tina seemed quite enthusiastic about Steve’s suggestion to run Achtung! Cthulhu […] 🙂

Speaking of which – the Yoggies are coming! :O

There’s an Achtung! Cthulhu Actual Play podcast that’s been sneakily snuck in under @[member=Hal]’s radar, by being uploaded as a .zip-file attachment, courtesy of @[member=”pookie”] from YSDC. 🙂

blog-0745291001393935544.jpg

Some of the more memorable lines from this recording:

“We’re dropping in by parachute – over a forest. What could possibly go wrong?”

“What is the world coming to, when a man can’t smoke his pipe on a covert stealth mission?”

And, of course, every five minutes:

“That’s not cricket!”

NB: it seems like the audio got cut off mid-session, after a mere 90 minutes or so.

pookie
    • Commoner

Speaking of which – the Yoggies are coming! :O

There’s an Achtung! Cthulhu Actual Play podcast that’s been sneakily snuck in under @[member=Hal]’s radar, by being uploaded as a .zip-file attachment, courtesy of @[member=”pookie”] from YSDC. 🙂

blog-0745291001393935544.jpg

Some of the more memorable lines from this recording:

“We’re dropping in by parachute – over a forest. What could possibly go wrong?”

“What is the world coming to, when a man can’t smoke his pipe on a covert stealth mission?”

And, of course, every five minutes:

“That’s not cricket!”

NB: it seems like the audio got cut off mid-session, after a mere 90 minutes or so.

Thanks for the mention. The first episode is complete, and I am uploading the next episode in two parts as I worry away at trying to get in under the 200mb upload limit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.