Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings BAG People One Offs and Shorts Tell Me, Have You Seen The Yellow Sign? Session 03

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

File Name: Tell Me, Have You Seen The Yellow Sign? Session 03

File Submitter: ross

File Submitted: 14 Nov 2014

File Category: One Offs and Shorts

Genre: Horror

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Out_Of_The_Bag/BAG_Yellow_Sign_03.mp3

Tell Me, Have You Seen The Yellow Sign? Episode 03

“Oil Derek in the Swamp – Oh Wait, Did You Mean Derrick?”

Great_Old_Ones.jpg

Recorded on November 11th, 2014.

The BAGgies continue their investigation into the nefarious affairs in New Orleans, uncovering more dreadful details about Denis Bouchard, Papa Screech, and the greatest enemy of all: the skinny Tibetans! Luckily, they’ve found a strange book called The King in Yellow which might help, although the ex-soldier seems to have started twitching and ranting about weird dreams after reading it…

Starring:

Ross as Stanley Maxwell, ex-soldier; fast-talking, fast-shooting, ugly as sin.

Steve as Father Anton LeBlanc, charismatic Catholic priest, native to New Orleans.

Wayne as Hodor Hobo Jack, a gentle giant of a man.

Fin as the Keeper of Arcane Lore.

Intro & Outro Music: Return of Lazarus (C) Kevin MacLeod.

Click here to download this file

Hagen
    • Orc

Going to be blitizing through the three parts tonight I suspect. But I’m wondering if this is the “Classic” or the “Revised” edition?

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hey, @[member=”Hal”] – looks like there’s an error in the naming of this file; it should be episode 03, so if you could change any instances where it says “episode 02” on this, that’d be great, thanks.

Also, thank you for the extremely speedy turnover. (Only a few hours from upload to public release? Jinkies!) 🙂

Going to be blitizing through the three parts tonight I suspect. But I’m wondering if this is the “Classic” or the “Revised” edition?

The revised edition. (As has been mentioned once or twice before.) 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hows that Monkey? Guess I fat fingered the title 😀

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

That’s great, boss, thanks. 🙂 (Although I’m still wondering why the episode titles all end up with word ‘sign’ spelled ‘SIgn’, with a capital ‘SI’.)

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oh Monkey – how you vex me so 🙂

Is that better? 😛

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Oh Monkey – how you vex me so 🙂

Vex on, vex off! 🙂

Is that better? 😛

Much better, thank you.

Hagen
    • Orc

The revised edition. (As has been mentioned once or twice before.) 😉

Good to know. Got to pimp the product. 😉

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I’m looking forward to seeing if Ross will find any combustible Tibetans. Also, was Ross ill? I’m not sure he’s ever asked for help to stop speaking 🙂

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

He’s had a hair cut and it’s played havoc with his powers.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

He’s had a hair cut and it’s played havoc with his powers.

His hairdresser wouldn’t happen to be named Delilah, would she? 😉

Scribbleykins
    • Commoner

Dog, dammit.

Dog. Dammit.

Also, is Ross himself finally learning that he may be the last person who should risk opening his mouth in a roleplaying social situation? Impossible. Inconceivable. Highly unlikely! No doubt he’ll be back to form next session.

I have to admit, though, when listening to his conversation with the oil derrick foreman I was -just- thinking ‘He couldn’t possibly fall for that old ‘gotcha’ moment of admitting to know more about a situation than what others have told him, could he?’ and then he did. Flawlessly. A textbook case of saying exactly the wrong thing. If I didn’t know better, and I feel I know better after all those sessions of the Accordlands, I’d almost say he let it slip on purpose.

He’s fortunate it wasn’t a police interrogation… but how long can that luck hold?

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

Caught up at last. Played the old version of this a long time back with several modifications from the keeper and using GURPS. Papa Screech was removed entirely and at the warehouse we were ambushed by mr croup and mr vandemar for example.

The insanity effects led to a novel solution I recommend you avoid. We decided that rarity helped the play’s power. So we commissioned a vanity printing of 10k or so copies. The final session involved the party hijacking its own shipment of printings of the play to burn them when we discovered just how bad that plan was.

Enjoying this quite a bit and the discussion of preemptively offing the probable conspirators rang very close to home.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.