Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter RPGMP3 Professionals Temple of Time Session 00

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

The file game in a new series. A homebrew game using Pathfinder, written by Hal. Set in Golarion and starting in southern Varisia.

This is the character creation session in which we attempt Google Hangouts gaming for the first time, spend an hour off camera getting things set up correctly and then knock out a really interesting group of characters.

Temple of Time Session 00

Filesize: 64MB

Hal wrote:
    A character creation session for a new game of Pathfinder using a homebrew adventure with Hal as the GM. The game is recorded over Google Hangouts.

The part ends up being an interesting mix.

Lockhart – Dwarf Oracle (Metal)

Thing – Elf Wizard (Universalist)

Lindsay – Gnome Alchemist (Vivisectionist)

Hal – NPC Human Fighter

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

In addition you can watch the Google Hangouts video of this game…

Temple of Time Session 00 Google Hangouts Screencast

Let me know what you think…

Keener
    • Drider

Thank you Hal. 😀

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Exciting!!

What does everyone think of the group name :mrgreen:

The icon for my character

:emp:

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Oooh, RPGMP3 Professionals. Yes, I think between the hundreds of sessions Hal and Lindsay have provided, Thing’s untold behind-the-scenes assistance to the website, and my own meagre community contributions, that it fits fairly well.

Hal, you need to remember to beg for viewers of the Youtube video to Favourite/Thumbs Up/Like/Subscribe/etc the video, so we can become Youtube famous and get Youtube money, like those EpicMealTime guys. 😛

Lindsay, your character is going to need that long cloak sooner or later to hide your horrible mutations so you can avoid being burnt as a horrible monster. Wait, this isn’t warhammer, it’s Pathfinder, horrible mutations are society acceptable 😛

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Thank you Mr. Hal and Professionals!

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

Such a huge difference in the size difference between the audio and the downloaded youtube video. At least with the program I used to to grab it. Sounds like a good start though and I look forward to listening/viewing the future adventures of alchemist and friends.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Nice to see Hal & co back!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Thank you Hal & RPGMP3 ProMoFos. 🙂

I’ve started doodling a character sketch for you already, Lockhart. If the rest of you would like some sketches of your characters (including the NPC mook, Hal), feel free to send me character sheets or descriptions (or if you’ve already emailed the details to Lockhart, or sent them by carrier pigeon, you can ask him to forward them – either way, it’s all good). 🙂

Very much looking forward to seeing how far off my visualization of Lindsay’s character is going to be, compared to the official character portrait that she’s promised us. 🙂

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thanks Mr Monkey….

Also – everyone who wandered over to YouTube might want to click the little thumbs up if you like the idea 🙂 That way we might get some recognition for it 🙂 Maybe 🙂

Especially with a whole campaign going up on there eventually 🙂

Anonomuss
    • Commoner

Hey Hal and all the Professionals,

Long time lurker here, just wanted to say thank you for all the wondering podcasts you guys come out with.

I also wanted to suggest that the NPC might be a ranger with the “Trapper” archetype, as it would be sufficiently beefy to be a frontline fighter and have the ability to disable magical traps. The archetype has all the benefits of a rogue’s Trapfinding while only sacrificing the Ranger’s spellcasting ability, and gains a few other sundry benefits which could be fun.

There’s also the Urban Ranger and the Archeologist Bard. But the uban ranger is more suited to a city campaign than a dungeon one, and the archeologist bard is still a bard, even if it is closer to Indiana Jones than a lyricist, giving up bardic performance for luck bonuses and a plethora of roguish benefits.

Really looking forward to this continuing!

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

Looks brilliant. 🙂

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Hey Muss, welcome to the site, as a prior-lurker myself it’s great to see people stepping out of the shadows. 😀

That Trapper Archtype is really cool actually. At higher levels it kinda turns into Green Arrow. Hal might have already finished statting up the fighter, but that definately would be an awesome choice for the skill monkey/ combatant role we’re trying to fill.

Also, Hal, on the video cast side of things, there might be something we can do to try increase viewership. A video several hours long might be daunting, but a Video Game ‘Let’s Play’ channel I subscribe to does highlights, little videos that are exerts from the main longer series and are under two minutes. They empasize particularly funny or intense moments from the longer videos that act as promotions and teasers and such. If we get comments like ‘that part where they sang spider-gnome was funny’ or ‘Lindsay rolling a 5 for stats, so funny’ then we can go back and just make little snippets videos.

In case you can’t tell, I’m really excited about the videocast possibilities of YouTube. 😛

Lindsay
    • Succubus
    Anonomuss wrote:
    Hey Hal and all the Professionals,

Long time lurker here, just wanted to say thank you for all the wondering podcasts you guys come out with.

I also wanted to suggest that the NPC might be a ranger with the “Trapper” archetype, as it would be sufficiently beefy to be a frontline fighter and have the ability to disable magical traps. The archetype has all the benefits of a rogue’s Trapfinding while only sacrificing the Ranger’s spellcasting ability, and gains a few other sundry benefits which could be fun.

There’s also the Urban Ranger and the Archeologist Bard. But the uban ranger is more suited to a city campaign than a dungeon one, and the archeologist bard is still a bard, even if it is closer to Indiana Jones than a lyricist, giving up bardic performance for luck bonuses and a plethora of roguish benefits.

Really looking forward to this continuing!

I was totally going to “Spam Hammer” the post, glad i skim read it first..

Welcome 😳

Anonomuss
    • Commoner
    Lindsay wrote:

I was totally going to “Spam Hammer” the post, glad i skim read it first..

Welcome 😳

I must admit its a bit unfortunate for a nickname, so sorry for the confusion, but I’ve been using it for a while and I’m quite fond of it. 😆

Thank you for the welcome. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘RPGMP3 Professionals’ is closed to new topics and replies.