Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff The Clan of Ham VS Traps’R’Us

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The Clan of Ham is paying a visit to dear ol’ Acererak.

the_clan_of_ham_vs_traps__r__us_by_mokkurkalfe-d4tgc6g.png

Names have been altered to protect the innocent. (Also, the McHams seem quite reticent in naming or describing their PCs – understandable, since this is the Tomb of Horrors) 😈

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

/nods sagely

Once you name them, you form an attachment.

dualshock71
    • Gelatinous Cube

It’s true. 🙂 Which is exactly why we break the rule in Session 2. It makes the emotional punch when they die even sweeter.

Love the picture, Mr. Monkey. Thanks! 😀

Ashiruni
    • Bullywug

/me actually has names, full descriptions, and ~250 word (often more) backgrounds for every character he’s introduced and is ever likely to introduce.

On a different note, that picture is awesome 😛

Snappyapple
    • Orc
    Ashiruni wrote:
    /me actually has names, full descriptions, and ~250 word (often more) backgrounds for every character he’s introduced and is ever likely to introduce.

Just goes to show how you’ll never get enough time to use any of that in the Tomb. 😛

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Of course it’ll be useful! You’ll need to know what to write in his obituary. 😈

If he writes it all down on a note in an adamantium strongbox, it might survive the traps. He doesn’t even need to tell you guys it’s there, you’re bound to find it when you loot his corpse. 😉

Peanuts
    • Flumph
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    If he writes it all down on a note in an adamantium strongbox, it might survive the traps. He doesn’t even need to tell you guys it’s there, you’re bound to find it when you loot his corpse. 😉

Or the next group does 😉

Ashiruni
    • Bullywug

Considering that both of my dead characters have been killed by the same type of creature, with the same gorram attack, and have both been reduced to a pile of smoldering ash, I don’t know if an adamantine strongbox is going to cut it >.<

dualshock71
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Ashiruni wrote:
    Considering that both of my dead characters have been killed by the same type of creature, with the same gorram attack, and have both been reduced to a pile of smoldering ash, I don’t know if an adamantine strongbox is going to cut it >.<

Depends on which bolt hits you. The first time it was fire, and I gave your stuff a 50% chance to survive that. The second time it was electricity, which fused your metal accessories to your body. I’d say the box has a decent chance of surviving the cold and petrification beams that’ll be hitting #3 and #4 shortly. 😀

Peanuts
    • Flumph

I think you need adamantine tree tokens instead of lock boxes 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.