Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings BAG People FATE Core The Demolished Ones Session 01

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

File Name: The Demolished Ones Session 01

File Submitter: WhiteKnight

File Submitted: 15 Feb 2014

File Category: FATE Core

Genre: Victoriana

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/BAG/Fate_The_Demolished_Ones_Part_001_raw.mp3

The characters wake in a dingy cellar almost devoid of anything. The most significant thing about the room, aside from the fact they are locked in, is the dead body, sat in a chair in one corner.

Where am I?

Who killed the man in the room?

Who are these other people I’m in here with?

But first and foremost, who am I?

Click here to download this file

Rite Publishing
    • Commoner

Thanks for taking the time to play our first stand alone game! I really appreciate it and could not suppress my squee factor. 

Steven D. Russell

Rite Publishing

ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

mr toad, if you are in any whay responserbul for this game you are a freeking genius. i am loving it so far 🙂

than you very much

Gorion
    • Bullywug

You know, I’ve never listened to a BAG People podcast before. After a comment like that, I’ve just got to give this one a try. ^_^

Gorion
    • Bullywug

Well, that was quite good. ^_^ An interesting mystery and setup, fun characters (favorite, of course, being Mr. Peg), incredibly loud dog…what’s not to love?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thats so awesome 🙂

Welcome to the forums Mr Russell. Hopefully the BAG People did you game justice 🙂

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Fin: “I’m a historian! Specialized in… the past!

PS: It’s true, Fin never played a cat ninja, that was Max D. (AKA Steve 2.0) in the Out of the BAG – Sundered Skies. 🙂

Rather amusing to hear what can happen over a few years; if you listen to the Out of the BAG recordings, and compare Max D.’s voice then and now, there’s a marked difference. 😉 Ahh, puberty.

i-Frsn7wh.jpg

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

You know, I’ve never listened to a BAG People podcast before. After a comment like that, I’ve just got to give this one a try. ^_^

And I hope you will be sampling their other wares – they have a back-catalogue as exquisite as it is extensive.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Exciting to hear the BAGgies start the episode with the barbershop quartet performance that they discussed in the final episode of Sundered Skies. (Available ASAHGIMFTUQ, i.e. As Soon As Hal Gets It Moved From The Upload Queue.) 🙂

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I really enjoyed listening to this. I have hard copies of a number of Fate games and I have Fate Core and the bundle of Fate but haven’t run it yet. I think I’ll have to do so. I like the premise for this game. It sounds intriguing. I might have to add it to my collection. I think the BAGgies will get a bit better at picking aspects as they play more Fate games. As I understand it this is crucial to the FATE point economy in the game. I love the flavour that aspects add. Fin’s Doesn’t know his own strength is a great example I think. 

My concern when I’m trying to run it is keeping track of everyone’s aspects. I think I’ll have to try and keep a list to hand so I can remember to try and use compels when necessary.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Fin’s Doesn’t know his own strength is a great example I think.

He certainly comes up with a great many inventive explanations for using it in almost every situation – such as trying to find concealed items in a bathroom in session 02, because he goes to the bathroom and “doesn’t know his own strength”. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Alternative one-sentence session summary:

Tina’s character de-bustled in a warehouse by four men and a corpse.

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

Halfway through this. Special shout out for the bit where the players tried to gauge what era the game was set in by the modernity, or otherwise, of one of the PCs peg leg! 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Yeah, the BAGgies are great at thinking out of the box; it’s surprising they didn’t try to saw the wooden leg in half and do a dendrochronological analysis, as well. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.