Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings BAG People FATE Core The Demolished Ones Session 03

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

File Name: The Demolished Ones Session 03

File Submitter: WhiteKnight

File Submitted: 28 Feb 2014

File Category: FATE Core

Genre: Victoriana

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/BAG/Fate_The_Demolished_Ones_Part_003_raw.mp3

Dazed and confused, our group head on to the Smiling Cherub, to meet their mysterious would be benefactor.

On the way they meet up with a man who says he can show them the reality that is currently hidden from their view. . .

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Presumably, the 02 should have been 03. (Unless Steve’s starting to follow up on his threats of applying a truly novel and mind-boggling numbering system for the episodes.) 😉

Also, thank you Hal and BAGgies.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Never stop Demolishing…. ones. Errr

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The pocket dialing anecdotes were BAG banter at its finest. 🙂

Steve: “The best one I ever had, was coming home to an ansaphone message that was 15 minutes of varying pitches of bike engine.”

Ross: :laugh: “Who was that from?”

Steve: “From me.” 🙂

Everyone: kao_emoji_27__laughing___v2__by_jerikuto

The Society for Free Thought sounds like something out of the Runepunk setting.

Oh, and it seems quite a novel idea, for an RPG to base its initiative system on Neknominate. 😉

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m really enjoying this game – the lack of player knowledge about the setting etc makes it especially creepy 🙂

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Should I be surprised no one referenced The Truman Show or Dark City?

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

Should I be surprised no one referenced The Truman Show or Dark City?

I could have swore I’ve made a Dark City reference or two. Maybe it was pre/post recording. I didn’t think of The Trueman Show though.

kafkonia
    • Orc

It seemed like the combat really dragged for the players. Part of that is probably just learning the ins and outs of a new system, but it also seemed like the fight scene was disconnected from the rest of the game. That might just have been because I stayed up til 3 am listening to it though. 🙂

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I thought that the underhanded tactics were inspired. We have a peg legged guy. Let’s trip him up. 

I really like the idea of FATE. I am going to try and introduce it to my group but I am a fairly newbie GM (I am not a natural behind the screen) and they are fairly new players. I like the flexibility of it though.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I thought that the underhanded tactics were inspired. We have a peg legged guy. Let’s trip him up.

That trick won’t work, once Max gets the Cherry Darling upgrade. 😉

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

Enjoying the mysterious story here, so thanks all!

I haven’t found the system at all intrusive but must admit I was distracted by something else when the fight bit was playing so will promise to pay full attention to how the next fight pans out!

Next stop, session 4! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.