Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings BAG People The One Ring The One Ring Session 01

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

File Name: The One Ring Session 01

File Submitter: WhiteKnight

File Submitted: 15 Jan 2014

File Category: The One Ring

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/BAG/The_One_Ring_Part_01_raw.mp3

Carry On Down The Mirkins’ Wood

A group – nay, a band, or a whatchamacallit, gathering – of hearty adventurers reach Esgaroth, the fair Lake-town that has been freed from the shadow of Smaug. However, grim tidings reach our heroes as they manage to struggle past prevarications great and small, to finally make it into the local pub: two of the Named NPCs from the source material, Oin and Inspector Rebus Balin, were sent as messengers to the Great Eagles, but have gone missing before reaching their destination. Foul play (and elven ‘hospitality’) is suspected. Having received a mission from Gloin to track down his lost brethren, Our Heroes set out, rowing their boat merrily down the stream and into Mirkwood itself. They now face the greatest obstacle in Middle Earth – trying to squeeze some adventure time into the tight dietary schedule enforced by having a Fellowship with 40% hobbits…

Starring:

Alec as (Not So) Useless Hobbit Lepidopterist

Fin as Bardling Skinner & Fur Trader

Ross as Psycho Killer LARP Dwarf (with a CV signed by the Wizard of Oz)

Tina as Ranger Chick

Wayne as Crystal-Toting Hobbit

Steve as The GM

Click here to download this file

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

Great! I was hoping to get some more of this. 🙂 🙂

bodhranist
    • Orc

Awesome, thanks!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hey Hal, want some more episode recaps? 🙂

A group – nay, a band, or a whatchamacallit, gathering – of hearty adventurers reach Esgaroth, the fair Lake-town that has been freed from the shadow of Smaug. However, grim tidings reach our heroes as they manage to struggle past prevarications great and small, to finally make it into the local pub: two of the Named NPCs from the source material, Oin and Inspector Rebus Balin, were sent as messengers to the Great Eagles, but have gone missing before reaching their destination. Foul play (and elven ‘hospitality’) is suspected. Having received a mission from Gloin to track down his lost brethren, Our Heroes set out, rowing their boat merrily down the stream and into Mirkwood itself. They now face the greatest obstacle in Middle Earth – trying to squeeze some adventure time into the tight dietary schedule enforced by having a Fellowship with 40% hobbits…

Starring:

Tina as Ranger Chick

Steve as The GM

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Good thing the players remembered to bring the most important handout. 😉

flowchart.png

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey Hal, want some more episode recaps? 🙂

Starring:

Tina as Ranger Chick

Steve as The GM

Thanks Monkey – added. Some big words in this one… 😛

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Since it might interest people, and it’s somewhat related to the discussions in these episodes:

silmarillion_project.jpg

I’d like to announce a new official side gig: The Silmarillion Project. I’m essentially illustrating every chapter of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Silmarillion, but also developing a comprehensive world and design that nobody else has yet to attempt. Not only am I looking to create an aesthetic unique from the Peter Jackson films (which are great, but far too ubiquitous), but I’m also trying to draw attention to the potential for racial and gender diversity in a genre that’s too often dominated by “more white dudes.” For more details on the project, check out the Q&A.

ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

Psycho Killer LARP Dwarf (with a CV signed by the Wizard of Oz) ?!?!?! wa!

i am going to sue!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Psycho Killer LARP Dwarf (with a CV signed by the Wizard of Oz) ?!?!?! wa!

i am going to sue!

Who’s Sue, and why would anyone be afraid of h- HOLICRAPSTICKS! Run away! :O
    boy_named_sue_by_zimmii-d4k8osc.png

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Tina’s not sharing her chocolate, ’cause it’s 90%, i.e. too tasty to turn down share around.

Wayne: “It’s 90% yours? So we can have 10% of it?” 🙂

Tina: “No! 🙁 It’s 90% chocolate, and 100% mine!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Steve: “A troll’s appearance is rendered less monstrous by their tendency to wear simple clothing…”

Fin: “It’s gonna kill us, but at least we can’t see ‘is nadgers.” 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

@[member=pookie]’s group has been playing (and recording) this scenario, too, it would seem. 🙂 The first two sessions have been uploaded to his blog page here on the site.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.