Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Dungeons and Dragons 4e Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 1 (DnD 4e Session 12)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    thranduul
    • Orc
    Tengu wrote:
    well i do remember someone saying something about splug when he entered the tub… what that you james?!?! lol 😛

There are worse things than being hung like a goblin (3 feet 4 inches)! 😀

Now, being hung like a goblin is hung—that is another matter entirely… 😉

"The term "raising a family" has very different context when talking with a Necromancer..."
    --Archmage Thranduul

James
    • Gelatinous Cube

Nyess said it…….

Tengu
    • Bullywug
    James wrote:
    Nyess said it…….

Nyess is one funny guy! 🙂

Bloodguard
    • Orc

First of all . . . ALL HAIL NYESS ! ! ! I love his curses . Maybe you could use ” RACHMANINOFF ! ! ! ” as a curse .

I digress . . . . Splug is the sh*t .

Hal , you have to send this sh*t to a movie prod . company . This would be a great movie , and Splug is the comic relief . I agree , the bathtub scene is possibly the funniest audio on this site .

Also , Splug meets the shop owner , as he is ” disguised ” as a Halfling , hilarious ! Hal, I don’t see how you do it .

Love it ,

Bloodguard

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thank you – thank you!

I’m here all week 😀

Hal :hal:

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

Continuing Nyess’ theme of using condiments as curses, there’s always “TERIYAKI!”, and/or “HOLLANDAISE!”. I would also submit “WORCESTERSHIRE!”, except no one knows how the hell to pronounce it! 🙂

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

This area of the Dungeon is very clean…. I know who’s here…

It’s Bastion of Torm!!!

Isis
    • Succubus

May I suggest some scientist curses: MENDELEYEV! HELMHOLTZ! ZWICKY! 🙂

We could start a whole thread of these…:)

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

Oh, yeah. I can just hear it now: Nyess squares off against a Big Baddie and shouts “HEISENBERG!”. At which point Hal asks quietly, “D’ya want chips with that?”

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Ieqo wrote:
    I would also submit “WORCESTERSHIRE!”, except no one knows how the hell to pronounce it! 🙂

WUSS-ter-sher, more or less (remember not to emphasise the letter “r” though, as we don’t do that in England. Thus “card” would sound more like “caad.”)

PhanXu2
    • Bullywug

BigJack isn’t telling the truth. He is taking advantage of foreigners. You actually pronounce it “W-ork-ester-sham.”

Don’t emphasize the a in sham. It’s more like sh’m.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

No, no, no – it’s spelt Raymond Luxury Yach-t, but it’s pronounced ‘Throatwobbler Mangrove’. 😀

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

Your Lordship, the Prosecution rests.

Akira1121
    • Orc

Actually the story of worcestershire comes from an old Seer in a a small hobbiton shire. The Seer, named Chester, created this concoction that turned out to actually make food taste a little better since spices were scarce at the time. So it used to be called chesterseer sauce. but war broke out because it became so popular and recipe was so fought after that it became infamously known as WAR-chesterseer sauce. But after the Aragorn returned as king and the time of man became more prominent he had a son with a speech inpediment and constantly called it worcestershire sauce. So Aragorn instead of admitting to his son’s impediment he declared the word pronounced worsh-ter-sheer sauce.

Thank you for reading this session of tall tales. 😆

Isis
    • Succubus

I thought lots of people pronounced the sauce of unknown ingredients and origin as “Lee-an-d-Perr-inn-s”. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Dungeons and Dragons 4e’ is closed to new topics and replies.