Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings BAG People TORG TORG: Before the Dawn Session 01

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

File Name: TORG: Before the Dawn Session 01

File Submitter: WhiteKnight

File Submitted: 25 Feb 2015

File Category: TORG

Genre: Sci-Fi

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Patrons_Area/bag_people/Torg_Before_The_Dawn_Part01.mp3

Whilst returning from making a delivery of urgently needed food and medical supplies in the Living Land, our adventurers encounter a Teutonic damsel in distress.

Click here to download this file

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Did somebody say TORG? Downloading this one immediately!

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

TORG?!  Holy smokes!  This is exciting!  😀

I think I still have some TORG stuff sitting on the shelves.  I always found the WEG Masterbook system interesting, which I believe grew out of TORG.

Maybe we could start a trend of dragging out some of the old games.  Maybe a GDW’s Dark Conspiracy or some WEG Indiana Jones?  😀

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Maybe we could start a trend of dragging out some of the old games.

John, that’s exactly what we already do 😀

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

John, that’s exactly what we already do 😀

Quite right.  Now, where’s my copy of Cyborg Commando… 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

You guys get to recording old games 🙂

I have a little TORG on my shelf as well (and regular soap and water does nothing).

😛 Nice to see some older stuff being recorded again 😀

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Whoa! It was a pleasant surprise to hear that Ali is back from his long exile. 🙂

Also, what an interesting coincidence, that Captain Admiral Socrates has returned, as well – and just when the excellent Edict Zero FIS podcast that inspired the character is finally returning from its hiatus, too. You’d almost think @[member=”ross”] had been binge-listening to the old episodes to get ready for the new episodes, or something. 😉

ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

Whene reality bending multidimentonal disaster strikes who else can save the day! I am peging this as a prequal to his adventures in runescape , perhaps we can find out how he became dimentanal in hinged 🙂

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Ah yes the Socratic method of adventuring. “What ho chaps” in a rather condescending way as the Captain, no Admiral would say!.

I am also intrigued to see if Ali has managed to improve his dice rolling over the years.

This is quite well timed for me as I’d missed Torg the first time round and recently picked up a bunch of stuff in the recent Bundle of Holding. I picked it up as I saw such support for it online. Also I saw that it had a Cyber Papacy. That was me sold.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The party faces the fundamental dilemma of TORG: the post-invasion world sounds so much cooler than the current one 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Mr. Steve: Our planet has been affected by the chaos of the Maelstrom…
    Tina: What did you say? Male strippers? 😀
    Mr. Steve: The Middle East has been overrun with ray gun-wielding lunatics…
    Wayne: Reagan? Why are they carrying Reagan effigies? 😉

Whene reality bending multidimentonal disaster strikes who else can save the day! I am peging this as a prequal to his adventures in runescape , perhaps we can find out how he became dimentanal in hinged 🙂

We can also hope to discover how he became demoted from admiral to captain – hang on, according to Cpt. Socrates, a captain outranks an admiral, right? 😉

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

I never expected TORG to turn up again. Wonder if there are still books in the bargain box at the local hobby shop or if the owner had to burn them for warmth during a harsh winter.

A very fun session and you managed far better with the rules than my old crew ever did.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

A very fun session and you managed far better with the rules than my old crew ever did.

Listening to this I found myself really wanting to get hold of TORG, a system I often considered but never picked up in the nineties. As the session progressed, though, I realised that there is no way I’d ever run it by the rules, which is the same trouble I found with WEG’s later, similar MasterBook. Fantastic ideas and a setting bursting with gaming possibilities, but I think I’ll stick to pinching the material and using it with something like  Fudge 😀

WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

I think the rules will gel a little better as I get more relaxed with them.   Right now I’m having trouble getting the time toread both rules an scenario, so usually have to pick one or the other.  Think I may need to knock myself up some crib sheets.

Glad to see it’s sparking some interest though.  I must admit I’m in the camp of always having loved the setting, just never got on with the rules.  I am however determined to try and make this a successful game as written, and if that proves difficult, well my group were never very big on rules anyway. . . 😉

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

For those that are interested there is another TORG Bundle of Holding up.

I’ve picked it up now and I’m looking forward to reading through the sourcebooks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.