Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rillietann
    • Bullywug

well had a TPK tonight, the halfling rogue of the group, just level 3 decided he could jump a 10′ gap 80′ up, ack bad roll, splat.

Then the others of the group thought it would be a great idea to try the same thing.

Hmm some majorly sucky rolls later, all of them a nice big squidgy mess on the floor!

Ah well guess were off to the shackled city sooner than we thought. 🙂

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

TPK!!!!!!!!!

Always fun. I was in a group where we ALMOST had a TPK against a beholder. Well actually we did have a tpk. See, I was stunned or something, and all but our cleric and druid died or got stoned. Cleric and druid were very badly hurt, and I didn’t like them, so i grin at my DM, he say OH SH*T! And then I declare attack rolls against them with my lvl 10 fighter. Three reounds later, they were both in tiny little pieces and I’d performed a coup de grace on myself.

I’m not a rat bastard DM, but I am a rat bastard PC. They forgave me later, as the DM made it a plot device. Demons and all. That was just justification after the fact. Hehe, lawful good to chaotic evil in 3 rounds. MWAHAHA!

Salubrai
    • Succubus

And yet he still wonders why nobody wants to game with him? Ah well. 😛

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Awww, well . . .

People still game with me, just online now. But I have afresh batch of victi . . . I mean players now that I’m at college!

Salubrai
    • Succubus

If you’re going to be a total bastard player, you need to be a LIKEABLE total bastard. So everyone laughs as you’re slitting their throats. 😛 Kind of like BALAZAAAAAAR!

Kidding, Paul.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I find a well-roleplayed descent into madness tends to explain away when you finally make the move to finish them all off. 😛

Ciccone
    • Commoner

I was the Halfling, I tell you it didnt look 10′ 😛

and it doesnt help when an Druid a Monk and a Warforge drop on top of you. Ooof!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

I am likeable, just not with a few very select characters. I’ve killed my party, probably close to 5 times in total, through all of my gaming, as in TPK’s, not just one person. The thing is, I tend to play chaotic good characters mainly. Those guys rarely kill party members, except for the ones who are confiremd of firmly suspected lawful evil. My TPKers are my very few chaotic neutral or lawful good guys. The guy above was chaotic Neutral, but one time, I was in a chaotic party with a lawful Good dude, who was low on the intelligence scale and otherwise unbalanced. He decided to execute the party for violating a temple or something. Pissed them off, but they realized i never expected it to work, so it as all goo, especially cause there was some awesome roleplaying involved, and some amazing combos.

So, as a note, if you feel like killing your entire party, wait a few sessions, think on it, plan, find good justification, roleplay it well, and be prepared to fail.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.