Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Twilight Avengers & the World’s Largest Dungeon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Very nice playing environment!

http://www.twilightavengers.org/wld/

Wellard
    • Orc

Jealousy rears its ugly head.Lucky lucky,b*****ds

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I am wondering a bit where the WINDOWS are. Sunlight’s not dangerous, even for gamers.

Wellard
    • Orc

I supect this is a basement room as so many American Homes seem to have one.Lucky lucky b*****ds

darwin2kx
    • Commoner

That is a nice table ^_^.. *drools*

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

Yes, having a four by eight table is nice, and when my new house is finished, hopefully in December, I’m going to have the ultimate gaming basement. I already have a 4×8 dry erase gridded board but I’m also purchasing a conference table that is supposed to hold 12 people.

I will put up the pics once I get started , maybe doing a weekly update, hopefully by this time next year my basement will be finished or at least carpeted and the walls will be up instead of plain concrete.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

This sounds great! Do keep us up to date on it all. Work-in-progess photos & notes would be very neat.

Wellard
    • Orc

Can one of our american friends tell me if basements are a standard fixture in homes over ther because thats another reason to emigrate.

bredbored
    • Commoner
    Wellard wrote:
    I supect this is a basement room as so many American Homes seem to have one.

From the page on the table itself

http://www.twilightavengers.org/wld/table.html

“The Room was built in a 2 car detached garage. It’s 24′ by 21′. So it’s really big! (size does matter), We insulated the walls, and built a ceiling which is also insulated”

If you’re willing to give up your garage…

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

It was where I used to live.

If you’ve ever heard the phrase “still lives in his parent’s basement” this is often because they easily can.

Whereas with UK basements, well, we’re more used to seeing bodies dug up than living down there.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Thanks for the kind words…. I’m actually the owner of the table, a friend of mine pointed me to this thread.

To answer yer question of windows, we do have a very large sliding glass door. You can see it in the pictures, it’s just closed with the vertical blinds covering the opening. When we play they are almost always open. We enjoy the light =).

In Houston, there are not many basements, due to water level under the city. But what you find with garages is more interesting perhaps.

Most familys down here use the garage for storage other than for cars.

And I’m not talking just our area. We decided instead of holding junk, we might as well use the space for somthing we will use often. And the gaming room was the easy choice.

If you see the door next to the CD rack, it goes into the storage area of the garage. So we still use it for storage, but only important things.

Thanks gain, for the kind words!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.