Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Whartson Hall Gamers Tunnels and Trolls Uncle Ugly's Underground Session 01

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

https://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1347

File Name: Uncle Ugly’s Underground Session 01
    File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 05 May 2016
    File Category: Tunnels and TrollsGenre: Fantasy
    Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/01_Uncle_Ugly.mp3

Tunnels & Trolls: Uncle Ugly’s Underground 01 – There Ain’t No Such Thing as a Free Lunch

Uncle%20Ugly%20Cover_zpsme9gkyjy.jpg

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a journey of whimsical old-fashioned fantasy! and death!

”It’s all here in your hot little hands…”

Welcome to the metagame plot device of Honest Abdul’s U-Delve Dungeons, where your hardy adventurers can pay to enter a random dungeon and delve for riches. And boy, will they pay.

This time the destination is Uncle Ugly’s Underground, a Tunnels & Trolls adventure from 1978. We used the 5th edition rules, but the game is now available in a spiffy new deluxe edition you can read all about over on Flying Buffalo’s website.

Music is part of a 1900 recording of “A Coon Band Contest” by Sousa’s Band, in the public domain.
    The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Any reduction in sound quality is due to the wizards not being high enough level.

The Players:

At various points through these sessions and with various characters you’ll hear the following unfortunate band of chums:

Amelia, Roger, Nick, Mark and Jason. The GM is Jon, who manages not to get horribly killed.

Click here to download this file

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hurray!  I knew this game would be sufficiently “old-school” when I heard Jon say, “…we’ll go by rolling the characteristics then working out the best type of character to play.”  😀

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I gave them some flexibility. You can’t be too strict these days 😉

Speaking of old school, I’m listening to your RQ2 adventure right now.

lordof1
    • Orc

I just re-listened to this. Great fun! Thanks again, Jon – more T&T soon I hope

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Well, I’m sure I could be persuaded.

lordof1
    • Orc

*starts warming up the persuading torch*

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

You know a fleshlight isn’t the same as a torch, don’t you?

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

Pancake day. Yikes.

Although nothing quite so awful as the return of the Lamia voice.

Is trips and roll again on character creation part of this edition or just the new deluxe T&T?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Is trips and roll again on character creation part of this edition or just the new deluxe T&T?

TARO started after 5th edition was printed, I believe, one of Ken St Andre’s rules tweaks. Might have been in Sorcerers Apprentice magazine or Ken’s TnT fanzine. It’s not part of the 5th edition rules as written, but it’s a nice little boost and doesn’t come up too often, usually.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I thought this was going to be a Deathtrap Equalizer style dungeon when BJB started mentioning dimensions and shifting streets etc…

Lots of fun! I’m looking forward to more!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The shifting streets and all that is from my old campaign setting of Drollport. Once they get to the dungeon it’s *mostly* straight from the book.

The adventure is available as a pretty cheap PDF if you want to follow along at home 🙂

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

That setting does sound quite intriguing. I’m imagining something like those Canadian CUBE movies, with the added spice of BJB’s patently unhelpful NPCs. 

Great fun. I would’ve guessed the leprechaun would’ve been the first to push up daisies. Shamrocks? Take a dirtnap.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.