Forums Gaming Chat Other Gaming Video Games

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    vhesper
    • Commoner

I have all but abandoned the console systems these days – though I am a big fan of Kingdom Hearts and thus will most likely end up purchasing a PS4. I have playing a multitude of PC games – from various MMOs (None that make me want to stay) to the host of Steam games under my library. Of my Steam games, Just Cause 2 is one of the funnest games I have played – what with the unlimited parachutes and grapple cables that exist in that universe. Borderlands 2 is another great one. I loved the Mass Effect trilogy, but was among the masses that thought the ending was crap. Don’t escape is pretty cool – except for the dying crow. Boo dying crows! Thursday is Shadowrun Returns day, so that’s my evenings for a while. 🙂

alaricus
    • Bullywug

Have you tried playing Mass Effect 3 now that the Leviathan and extended ending DLCs are out? It’s far from as great as it should have been, granted, but it’s certainly expanded it from “awful” to “at least passable”. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Don’t escape is pretty cool – except for the dying crow. Boo dying crows! Thursday is Shadowrun Returns day, so that’s my evenings for a while. 🙂

Err… Dying crow? In Don’t Escape? Are you sure you don’t mean The Last Door? There’s plenty of crows (living, dead and otherwise) in that game. 🙂

Also, yay Shadowrun! Have you listened to the Fandible gamers’ Shadowrun session? It is epic!

http://www.fandible.com/shadowrun-everything-must-go-part-1-of-2/

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Oh snap! Shadowrun is this week?! Finally!

I just beat the new Tomb Raider and it was deliciously awesome from start to finish. Though it’s hardly new I have been coerced into Civ V which is not RTS, as I had originally thought, and is impressively capable of destroying large chunks of time. 

Monaco was picked up by several of my crew and as it turns out it is a stupid amount of fun. Either things go right and you all feel like total badasses or things go wrong and you can’t stop laughing about it. Big recommendation.

And it sound like another person has acquired Blood Bowl which means we just might have enough for a small league. That excites me enough to be willing to play Blood Bowl again and deal with it’s g*****n b*****t! (Can we swear on the new forum? I know we used to but I don’t know if we’re supposed to behave and attract new users?)

alaricus
    • Bullywug

I so wish I could pick up Civ V and play a few rounds with someone unfamiliar enough with the series that I stand a vague chance. For someone who’s been playing video games all his life, I really suck at most of them. 😉 Glad to hear that Tomb Raider was good, though. I’d been worried about that. It’s another one of those franchises that died ages ago and has had it’s corpse turned into a marionette by money-grubbing soulless corporate shills. Not that I’m at all bitter…

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I so wish I could pick up Civ V and play a few rounds with someone unfamiliar enough with the series that I stand a vague chance. For someone who’s been playing video games all his life, I really suck at most of them. 😉 Glad to hear that Tomb Raider was good, though. I’d been worried about that. It’s another one of those franchises that died ages ago and has had it’s corpse turned into a marionette by money-grubbing soulless corporate shills. Not that I’m at all bitter…

You’re just miffed because they down-sized her bazongas. 😉

BCJkh_BCQAEROyZ.jpg

Okay, you’ll have to look really closely, but the difference is there. Several cubic millimeters less silicone in dem puppies, these days. Go on, smoosh your eyes up to the screen, then you’ll see it. Don’t mind everyone else in the office, they’ll understand. Tell them it’s for science.

alaricus
    • Bullywug

Bazongas aside, you have to admit that the first three games were damn good action adventure games, and Lara herself, while not a particularly great character, was still one of the first awesome women gamers got. Granted, the boobs certainly didn’t hurt… 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Granted, the boobs certainly didn’t hurt… 😉

Except in the earliest versions, where you could use ’em as letter openers. Ouch!

lara+croft+pointy+boobs.jpg

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

I blogged about Tomb Raider over on my blog. How do I link to my blog? Oh. Okay, that was easy.

Kolobos
    • Bullywug

I remember when they ‘cheat’ came out for a nude skin in the original PS1 game. I thought, “No way they could get away with THAT!”

Didn’t stop my brother from trying to follow each step meticulously day after day. After day…until he finally gave up.

Until he bought the PC version and ‘fixed’ the skin…. He was persistent, to say the least. I need to remind his wife about this!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I need to remind his wife about this!

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Balgin
    • Succubus

I’m still just really beginning it, and I made the mistake of Bringing Morrigan and Sten into, umm, Red March? W/E it’s called, the town with the Arl and the supposed undead and such. Anyway, Here I am, trying to be a big damn hero, and just dropping disapproval ratings everywhere. Eventually I decided just to reload from another save point and bring a new party with me.

Sten & Morrigan disapprove of lots of things. Almost anything good and charitable really. If you want to have an easy time of it with party members who approve of good deeds then take Leliana, Alistair & Wynne – a good balanced party combo which only needs a main player character to work effectively. Just don’t forget to build up Alistair’s constitution because Dragon Age, like everyone Bioware game since the days of Baldur’s Gate, treats constitution as a dump stat.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Sten & Morrigan disapprove of lots of things. Almost anything good and charitable really. If you want to have an easy time of it with party members who approve of good deeds then take Leliana, Alistair & Wynne – a good balanced party combo which only needs a main player character to work effectively. Just don’t forget to build up Alistair’s constitution because Dragon Age, like everyone Bioware game since the days of Baldur’s Gate, treats constitution as a dump stat.

To be fair, they got pretty close. The traditional dump stat does start with a ‘C’. 😉

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

To be fair, they got pretty close. The traditional dump stat does start with a ‘C’. 😉

Doesn’t Int start with an I? The only other one that starts with C in vanilla d20 is Charisma and I can’t play a game without that.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I thought he was talking about Cunning, DA’s combination stat of int and cha.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Other Gaming’ is closed to new topics and replies.