Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings BAG People Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Warlords Of The Accordlands Session 001

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

File Name: Warlords of the Accordlands Session 001

File Submitter: WhiteKnight

File Submitted: 22 Oct 2011

File Category: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

A party of reluctant and mismatched adventurers gather together for the first time

Click here to download this file

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

It’s been a long time since I last heard this session, so coming back to it now is almost like a fresh start. Nice to hear the admonition not to slander the patrons “too much” 😀

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

For anyone new to this excellent series, you might be interested to note that the session number is 001… That’s TWO zeroes and a one. There’s possibly a reason for that… Lots and lots of good listening ahead! 🙂

Many thanks to The BAGgers and Hal for all their good work here.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

It’s true – there are many many hours of awesome in here. Also, it is completely wrapped up so there is no danger of it dying on you or going cold or being put in hiatus.

Currently our longest running series and deservedly popular 🙂

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Where most RPGs start in a tavern, the BAGgies start with a drug deal – specifically, caramellized non-magic magic mushrooms. 🙂

Much more original, that way. Keeps the GM on his toes.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Steve B: “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name?”
    Colin: “Oh, I’m Jakrath.”
    Tina: “Ember.”
    Steve B: “Zdanuk’Czar.”
    Steve D: “Got an ointment for that…” 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

There’s a beautiful symmetry to this campaign, when you re-listen to it for the whatever-nth time; it starts with an assassination at an important diplomatic event, and it ends with an assassination at an important diplomatic event.

Even the Ferrero Rochér were the same! 🙂 (That is to say: there were crunchy filled chocolates served at the table, in-game and out of game, both at the introductory negotations, and at the G8 summit [= “Gillaran 8-D Summit”] in session 100+. Hopefully, they weren’t the same Ferrero Rochér – they would’ve gotten a bit manky, if they’d been lying around while four years and (in the official BAG time units) four Pancake Days had been and gone.)

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Colin: “On the basis of the cheaty map, shall we go investigate the stables marked ‘X’?” 😛

It was curious to hear Ross regaling the players with his anecdote of a GM who began a game by reading the adventure’s introductory boxed text aloud – and then continued when he reached the ‘GM only’ bit, and went: “It is Weatherby who is the vampire, but the players don’t kno… Oh, um…” 🙁

Pretty sure Ross started the Out of the BAG: Sunderes Skies campaign by telling the BAG Juniors the exact same story.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Re: Fin’s comment on polearms, and the PHB’s equipment section being chock-full of them, despite the fact that they’re useless for adventurers – you need them in massed ranks;

Perhaps the game developers wanted to harken back to the old-school Original D&D, where your PCs were guaranteed to die – a lot.

One of the best survival strategies was to hire a mob of henchmen and hireling mercenaries, who could help you fight all the gribbly monsters, as well as act as a mobile buffer zone for area-of-effect enemy spell effects, trap detectors, emergency rations in case of a cave-in, etc. (Just don’t tell the Lawful and Good party members what kind of meat the ‘pork scratchings’ or ‘beef jerky’ was made from… They tend to get so finicky about a little random cannibalism.) 😉

Anyway, arming your NPC mooks with polearms would make perfect sense, if you’ve got enough of them.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hmmmmm – I wonder if I could make a decent polearm based fighter in DnD or Pathfinder… (ponders)

Hal :hal:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.