Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Whartson Hall Gamers Whartson Hall Gamers Group Chat Whartson Hall: Wharts 'all that about, then?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

With the rejuvenated site stretching its legs and getting up to speed I thought I should do a quick post to introduce new listeners to Whartson Hall and explain who we are.

We started submitting audio to RPGMP3 around 2007, when we were playing locally and recording our games directly at the table. Details of the group at that time can be found in the Archive section of the site; I’ll put an updated version here as time allows. Following a few changes over the past couple of years the group is currently playing most games via Google+ Hangouts. It’s not ideal – there have been some audio glitches for one thing, and it certainly affects the group dynamic – but it does work and has allowed us to keep playing at a time when local games are a rare luxury.

If you’ve listened to any of our Whartstock games, played during our annual get-together, then you will know the current Whartson Hall gamers. Scattered across England, hence the need to play through Google+, they are:

@[member=”riddles”] – Mark

@[member=”Isis”] – Amelia

@[member=”lordof1″] – Nick

@[member=”Martimus”] – Martin

@[member=”Dr_Jomster”] – Jason

@BigJackBrass
    – Jon

I’ll let them post further biographical titbits should they feel the need 😀

Our games are typically fairly short runs with most of the players taking a turn at running something eventually. In general they have tended to be mostly slightly obscure or certainly less mainstream titles than is the case for many groups, although I make no recommendation that you use our recordings as representative tasters for particular RPGs. The name, as you probably guessed, comes from the “warts and all” nature of the recordings, an attempt to record the game as it actually happened, even if some of it is off-topic commentary and terrible juvenile jokes at times. It ain’y polished, it ain’t pretty, but it is much easier to edit… 😉

Thanks for listening and I hope that you will enjoy our contributions to RPGMP3.com.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I’ll let them post further biographical titbits should they feel the need  😀

This is American territory, these days, so the correct spelling would be tidbits.

Unless you expect the players to post Titbits, in which case: carry on. 🙂

d373d3fb8c8d5492839005b44834f3bd.jpg

The name, as you probably guessed, comes from the “warts and all” nature of the recordings, an attempt to record the game as it actually happened, even if some of it is off-topic commentary and terrible juvenile jokes at times. It ain’y polished, it ain’t pretty, but it is much easier to edit… 😉

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts provide grand audio adventures, thank you for uploading them, sir.

(Incidentally, “Whartson ‘Nauts” does sound like an embarrassing medical condition.)

lordof1
    • Orc

I’m very happy to post my titbits, let me just get my camera. And, hey, what do you mean, terrible juvenile jokes, you big poo face?

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I’m very happy to post my titbits, let me just get my camera. And, hey, what do you mean, terrible juvenile jokes, you big poo face?

So does that explain your username?  I always thought of your username differently, but I must ask what units you are measuring in for this 1 you are lord of?

lordof1
    • Orc

So does that explain your username?  I always thought of your username differently, but I must ask what units you are measuring in for this 1 you are lord of?

Hey… have you remotely activated my webcam?  😮

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Hey… have you remotely activated my webcam?  😮

So that was you on orchiectomy.com ?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

And, hey, what do you mean, terrible juvenile jokes, you big poo face?

Let’s just say that I’m glad the site lets me “pin” a thread rather than making it “sticky”…

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

So that was you on orchiectomy.com ?

Is that a medical procedure where you cut an orc in half?

ScaleGraze
    • Orc

Is that a medical procedure where you cut an orc in half?

*puts orchiectomy into google* … 😮 … Yes, PM, an orc….

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

@[member=”BigJackBrass”] – Jon

I’ll let them post further biographical titbits should they feel the need 😀

Looks like that BJB fellow is too lax to bother turning up and showing the world his titbits.

Fortunately, Hal already wrote all that needs to be said on that subject. 😉

bjb.jpg

Despite the unfortunate collection of characters making up his name, Jon has risen above and is a well rounded and contributing individual. He has a sharp wit and sometimes cuts himself and others. One should never run while carrying Jon. He lives in a nice little house with the Lovely Emma where he whiles away the hours not gaming by assaulting innocent traffic bollards and riding around on a fold up bike dressed up as a fluorescent lemon. He likes games with decent settings and good systems and is one of the Whartson Hall Gamers over on RPGMP3. Despite looking similar to a potato, or possibly Commander William T Riker, he does have his uses, being able to draw and being bloody funny in both writing and in person. I am sure he will read this and have a witty retort or two so I have turned off the Comments (Tee Hee).

riddles
    • Succubus

Jon doesn’t ride a folding bike anymore… 🙂

I’m sure others can post something exciting about me if need be.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I’m sure others can post something exciting about me if need be.

Challenge accepted!

Jim-Carey_Excited.gif

riddles
    • Succubus

… but suffice to say, I don’t look much like Jim Carrey. 😛

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

… but suffice to say, I don’t look much like Jim Carrey. 😛

Pretty sure I own a shirt just like yours, sir. 🙂

gallery_10823_5_51225.jpg

https://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/gallery/image/279-and-this-is-where-i-hid-the-dirty-nukes/

Keener
    • Drider

Just a quick check in but I am loving the Steam Pirates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.