Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

It’s not big and it’s not clever.

It is an awful lot of fun, though  😀

Whartstock 2013 wrapped up a few hours ago, a lovely weekend of food, drink, gaming, ukuleles and good friends. In addition to card games Sentinels of the Multiverse and Citadels we played a couple of RPGs, so you can expect to hear recordings of Nick running Star Wars and me running Heroes of Rura-Tonga very soon, both using the D6 system.

Sometimes the thing you need most is an uncomplicated, relaxed weekend with friends and that’s precisely what this was. A real tonic to be gaming around the table again after only using Google Hangouts for so long.

The_Emerald_Flame
    • Thri-kreen

I will be glad to hear the recordings. Even if there are ukuleles 🙂

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Yay!  I will be looking forward to hearing those games 🙂

Many thanks for recording your audio gold!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Fool’s gold, perhaps 😀

Tragically, we didn’t record the ukulele session, just the games. I know, I know, you’re all heartbroken and we’ve let everybody down…

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

… and there was much rejoicing! 😉

Seriously though – I’m sure there is a space and receptive audience on this site for ukulele filk!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I’ve sent the files through the appropriate pipes to Hal’s electronic minions, so you ought to be seeing these appear before too long:

Star_Wars_Role-Playing_Game_1987_zpsbbb6 HeroesofR-T_zpsec95dc34.jpg

Nick very thoughtfully wrote out some text for the “title sequence” of the Star Wars games, explaining the setup. After playing the scenario, and since Nick has gone on a cruise where he has limited Internet access, I’ve made a few minor changes so that it gives a more accurate idea of the game we played. Follow this handy link to see the no-expense-spared title sequence! smiley-sw016.gif

If you want to get a taste for Heroes of Rura-Tonga then this short video may prove educational.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.