Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Card Gaming What CCG’s (if any) do members play?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Keener
    • Drider

I would munchkin moreif I could get people to play it with me.

Balgin
    • Succubus
    Hal wrote:
    Full set of Middle Earth: The Wizards

I lean’t all my cards for that to a “friend” who never returned them :(.

TrojanDuck
    • Commoner

It’s not Magic the Gathering, it’s Magic the Addiction. I spent over $2,300 😯 on Magic cards from 2nd Edition through Apocalypse and haven’t played in years. I still have all the cards so I might start playing again some day. A fun game but I wouldn’t recommend it due to the potential cost.

The_Nalic
    • Orc

I found star munchkin to be really fun and people that werent even roleplayers could play and get the jokes!

I used to play MtG but not really seriously, Babylon 5, L5R, Star trek, i have a copy of the planescapes ccg bloodwars? but i bought that for the pretty pictures 😆

Nowdays i just dont get the time and once again cant find anyone who plays in worcester. i must be blind i think wizards get their hooks into everywhere

Merlin
    • Bullywug

Munchkin is amusing. I played Magic for a little bit, but i am a full-time Vampire: the Eternal Strugglejunkie.

Daniel
    • Succubus

Magic: The Gathering is the game for me, I’ve played a fair bit of Munchkin, but I find it boring — the first few times it was alright, but then I just over played it I think.

Danny

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

I used to play magic, but I’ve been interested in but never played the warlord CCG. I like how it ties in with the RPG.

centauri
    • Owlbear

I never played Magic, but I played the Star Wars CCG until 2000 or so, when it started in on the prequels. I wound up giving my cards away, except for two decks I break out whenever a friend is around.

That game had a great line in the basic instruction book: “The Dark Side goes first. Sometimes it pays to be the bad guy.” A lot of the cards were really funny, too.

Other than that, I picked up some cards for the X Files game, which was pretty lame. I tried the Alien/Predator game, which had some interesting mechanics and also let you play as Colonial marines. Then there was Netrunner. I only had a few cards for any of those systems.

The only collectible card game I play now is 4th Edition D&D. (Hey, why should the haters get to make all the jokes?)

5monkeys
    • Thri-kreen

I’ve Bought and played cards for:

Illuminati: New World Order

Magic: the Gathering

The old Lord of the Rings game*

Blood Wars*

Rage

EDIT: Shadowfist*

Marvel: Overpower

Wildstorm

Pokemon*

L5R

Vampire*

(*denotes a game I didn’t play much of)

When I was in high school, card gaming ate up my Saturdays and all of my income. It was fun, but I mainly did it as a social thing.

I find it interesting how different people get different things out of the hobby. I liked getting odd combinations of cards to do strange things. My favourite CCG of all time is INWO. The board game is all right, but it doesn’t have the same potential as the card game.

melanikus
    • Commoner

I bought in on:

Jihad/Vampire (my all time favourite),

Rage,

Shadowfist,

Mythos + Dreamlands,

Call of Cthulhu,

Dark Age (some of the best card art ever),

Net Runner,

Babylon 5,

Aliens vs Predator

and a few others that escape my memory at this time.

I never got into collecting Magic cards as 2 friends of mine have loads of them, so whenever we play we use their decks.

ZachDood77
    • Thri-kreen

Not heavily into CCG’s but…

Played Magic when i was younger and got back into it fairly recently. (about two months ago) and have been obsessed with shards of allara (think thats how you spell it) boosters and conflux and all that. anything related to the shards set… there so much fun..

Also have a chaotic deck unfortunately but it’s just a lightly modified starter deck. I always win though so i never buy boosters and don’t play as much chaotic.

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

I forgot to add that I’ve played the RIFTS card game. I think it was non-collectible. I’ll have to see if one of my players still has it. The cards might actually give me some campaign ideas.

Balgin
    • Succubus
    Hal wrote:
    Full set of Middle Earth: The Wizards

I had a fair few of those cards. Leant them to a friend, never got them back.

I’ve got a bag full of Magic the Gathering cards (mostly 4th edition, some 5th, quite a few Ice Age (late 4th/early 5th expansion). A lot of 5th edition cards were ex Ice Age cards with different pictures).

Apparently some of my cards are pretty rare. After Magic and Middle Earth: The Wizards I decided to stay away from colelctible card games (too many duplicates and furstration and pretty pictures). I’m currently considering some of the non collectible ones but haven’t bought any yet.

Has anyone here tried Cutthroat Caverns? It looks like it might be like Munchkin without all the cheesey crap jokes (and more gritty, possibly like some of the early Fighting Fantasy stuff).

RAYN
    • Orc

I play Magic and than also Call of Cthulhu the card game. And arkham Horror but that is another habit.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Card Gaming’ is closed to new topics and replies.