Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 World's Largest Dungeon Session 30

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: World's Largest Dungeon Session 30

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 29 Jun 2013

File Category: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

New faces and old friends abound!

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/worlds_largest_dungeon_session_30.mp3

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

PoC: “17th of November, 2005, and we started on September the 9th, 2004… God! We’d get less time in prison.” 🙁

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

9 minutes – After a long bout of non-game banter, where Lindsay has been waiting to find out what’s inside the container she’s found:

Lindsay: “Open my box, dammit!”

PoC: “Wow! Who can resist that invitation?”

Hal: “After a year in the dungeon, she’s finally cracked!”

PoC: “They can’t resist Balazaar in the end!” 😛

Hal: “His big knobbly… Got nubbins on the end!”

PoC: “Irresistible!”

Lindsay: “Don’t make me cry.” 🙁

Hal: “Something to hang on to.”

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

11 minutes:

Hal: “It’s called a Rod of Wonder, doesn’t sound as good as Wand of Wonder.”

Steve B: “Wands only have 50 charges.”

Fin: “This one keeps going and going and going, until we’re all dead!”

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

27 minutes – New characters are about to be introduced, but are interrupted by the sound of a helicopter, noise Dopplering stronger as it approaches overhead:

Hal: “Wow! You’ve come in a plane!” 🙂 “What is it about when we play, that makes things fly overhead?”

PoC: “Police choppers come out. “Roleplayers are grouping, beware.””

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Gods this is a good episode. Thoroughly enjoyed Feylin introducing herself to the new group and going over everything that happened. Awesome recap.

insert witticism here

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I do miss the WLD quite a lot 😀

It was the right time for something like this with a great group… I need a face-to-face table game. My dice are getting cold and feeling unloved with all this technology…

Hal :hal:

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

I’d love a nice tabletop game but I am worried that in my area it might be viewed as close to demon worship.

insert witticism here

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ha – I live in Texas 😛

Just play in your basement by the light of flickering candles – no one will say anything about that 😛

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

I can lure players in with promise of candy too, right? Or does it have to be Mt Dew and Cheetos?

insert witticism here

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I do miss the WLD quite a lot 😀

It was the right time for something like this with a great group… I need a face-to-face table game. My dice are getting cold and feeling unloved with all this technology…

Aye, some things have their moment (a very long moment, in this case) and everything comes together well. Even though I think the actual dungeon is, at best, rather uneven in quality it provided some great listening.

And I’m right with you on the face-to-face thing  🙁 At the moment I’m playing a couple of games every week, but they’re both online and the dynamic is different. Fun, but not the same quick-firing yet relaxed fun I find at the table. I was playing an additional game on Fridays, a face-to-face one, but since they’re playing the D&D adventure I recently finished playing on Thursdays it seemed best to take a break and keep my player knowledge out of it  😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I need a face-to-face table game. My dice are getting cold and feeling unloved with all this technology…

Apparently, there’s a gaming store in Pearland, TX, called Montag’s Games, that hosts various gaming events. You could probably find some victims volunteers for a face-to-face tabletop game. Perhaps you might even find some that would be interested in playing Rolemaster. 😉 You could put up a poster with contact info, and advertise for the site at the same time.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Yeah – I have been in Montags – it is pretty small. I haven’t gamed there but I think they are mostly set up for cards and wargaming…

riddles
    • Succubus

F2F is definitely the way RPGs should be played, along with highly caffeinated beverages and unhealthy snacks.  🙂

You can try and do this playing online, but stealing other people’s food is waaaaay to complicated at that point…  😛

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

And the dice towers aren’t as fun.

insert witticism here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.