Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Internet Explorers Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Session 01

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Wrath of the Righteous Session 01

File Submitter: Tulty

File Submitted: 24 Apr 2014

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Internet_Explorers/_Wrath_of_the_Righteous_Part_01.mp3

The festival of Armasse has come to Kenabres! Even the constant threat of the Worldwound surely can’t dampen the festivities!? But will our heroes be able to band together to survive when disaster strikes?

GM: Tulty

Dushlub, Half-Orc Ranger: Zoe

Umdur Mashtun, Half-Orc Rogue: Emily

Jerred, Human Gunslinger: Sean

Reyan, Human Inquisitor: Will

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Wow! That was an impressive opening to a campaign. :O

After all, how often do you encounter a female Silver Wyrm who likes to be inside a small boy?

Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif

…Wait, that sounds wrong, somehow. 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oh Monkey – you would have thought you would be used to it sounding wrong by now 😀

Welcome to one of our two new groups…

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Oh Monkey – you would have thought you would be used to it sounding wrong by now 😀

h2650544D.gif

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

And our thanks to Monkey for a startlingly rapid turnaround straight into NOPE territory. Good job! 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

And our thanks to Monkey for a startlingly rapid turnaround straight into NOPE territory. Good job! 😉

4832105+_272a88d37155b3c33d24527d404a76c

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Great job guys!  Lots of fun to listen to 🙂  Seems like a curious adventure path.

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Thanks Slarti. Any and all feedback is very much appreciated, particularly as I’m a relatively new GM, and we’re all completely new podcasters!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Its a good adventure path – very high fantasy…

Its the kind of stuff I like 🙂

Hal :hal:

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thanks Slarti. Any and all feedback is very much appreciated, particularly as I’m a relatively new GM, and we’re all completely new podcasters!

Well if you’re having problems with the GM having a conversation with himself, NPC to NPC, thing then don’t worry – it”s pretty difficult to pull off and can be confusing for players as well as GMs.  Most GMs I know work around that when it comes up, or ignore it. 

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Yup. The NPCs are certainly the most challenging element so far. My main concern is that they’re already almost completely antagonistic towards Horgus Gwerm. I think he gets quite a raw deal, as he is only useful if he is friendly, but his usefulness only comes into play later on, after the party has been on the surface for a while, meaning that the high likelihood is that the PCs will have irreparably offended him by that point.

And I agree, Hal. Part of the reason I was drawn to it was the way this AP seems to blend epic high fantasy with gritty, desperate war. 

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

And of course, any rules discrepancies anyone notices, by all means let me know; only way I’m gonna learn! ^_^

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

And of course, any rules discrepancies anyone notices, by all means let me know; only way I’m gonna learn! ^_^

With DnD there is so much material in the rules it’s probably best to go with consistent, plausible and fun rather than worry about accuracy. A +/-2 circumstance bonus when you don’t know the rule is your friend. You can always make a note and check the books later.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Did you guys consider making Jerred a Holy Gun? (Apparently, that archetype is a bit naff, so it was probably better to make him a straight Gunslinger/Paladin, although the Mysterious Stranger archetype would’ve been an excellent choice, as well; it replaces the Gunslinger’s Wisdom-dependency with Charisma, which meshes well with the bulk of the Paladin’s abilities.)

PS: Does Jerred look like Richard Boone? 😉

boone-havegun.jpg

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

In my head he’s more like a musketeer

p01vm067.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.