Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Internet Explorers Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Session 03

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Wrath of the Righteous Session 03

File Submitter: Tulty

File Submitted: 10 May 2014

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Internet_Explorers/_Wrath_of_the_Righteous_part_03.mp3

The party continue their assault on the Lair of the Vile and Vicious, knowing that beyond the tribe of demon-worshipping mongrels lies the promise of sunlight and the surface.

Despite the party using every tool at their disposal (even diplomacy!) it seems that everyone and their mother is bent on stopping them.

Click here to download this file

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Excellent, more of this to listen to….my true motive for listening may or may not to see how quickly this adventure path implodes after mythic rules are introduced XP. But it’s been excellent fun and group so far.

Ah diplomacizing enemies that insist on being hostile. A dilema I struggle with. Keeping the intention of the encounters to be vicious, without denying characters the options they’ve put into diplomacy and their desire to RP things out. A tricky proposition within the d20 system.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I like this adventure path 🙂

I love high fantasy 🙂 I don’t really think the Mythic rules will break the game as long as the challenge is sufficient and appropriate.

Hal :hal:

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

@[member=”Hal”] If you’re placing bets on everything remaining balanced without modification, you haven’t seen the threads on the Paizo forums. 😛

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I don’t think high fantasy is about balance 🙂

Its about being awesome and amazing and having fun doing it 🙂 And occasionally getting to see a dragon fight a demon lord in the first session 🙂

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Honestly, my M.O for GMing is prewritten adventures. So if the AP is unbalanced with regard to mythic, that’s what’ll come across. In one sense this is good, as our Actual Play will function as a kind of review as well as a play through. However if things start to get too ridiculous, I’ll probably take shadowy, behind-the-scenes GM steps to try and deal with it. Having said this, I do agree with @[member=”Hal”] in that it’s more important to me that the PCs are having a good time being cool demon-killing machines than for their foes to be 100% balanced every time.

Genericshampoo
    • Commoner

Considering that GM leniency is the main reason that the characters have survived to this point a little extra power might be nice from our perspective! 😛

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hey @[member=”Tulty”] – if you guys still have trouble handling the rules for poisons and diseases, and the d20 Pathfinder SRD page on affliction doesn’t clarify it enough, you could check out the RPG StackExchange, they’ve got some useful explanations.

Oh, and BTW: according to the helpful article “Ay pronunseeAYshun gyd” by Frank Mentzer, in Dragon Magazine #93 from 1985 (which you can find excerpts from on ENWorld), the (supposedly) correct pronunciation of huecuva is “hyoo-KOO-va”.

Of course, some people will tell you otherwise. 😉

After an especially difficult battle with the undead boss, Xylarthen shook his head between healing potions. “That was one huecuva monster.”

Also:

Considering that GM leniency is the main reason that the characters have survived to this point a little extra power might be nice from our perspective! 😛

+1 for that avatar picture. Good choice. 😉

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Thanks Monkey! More lovely links to add to my folder of GM resources.

@[member=”Genericshampoo”]’s avatar is even better due to the fact that his last name is, in fact, Garnier. ^_^

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

What, seriously? 😀 That’s fantastic!

So, did you guys meet at the Durham Student Theatre, or what? ;)[/stalk]

aa.jpg

Wait, you’ve played Hamlet, and Edmund Blackadder? That’s quite a resumé, sir. 🙂

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

[/scared] ^_^

We’re all alumni of Durham Uni, we met mainly through Improvisation Soc and LARP Soc, whereas I was the one who got properly stuck into DST. 🙂

katheb
    • Bullywug

Hello again!

I am enjoying these recordings, Thanks for making them.

A suggestion that might help? Google hangouts might be a good alternative instead of skype. Just a thought.

Keep em coming!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey there,

Some of the groups that record on the site use Hangouts instead of Skype. We have been having some Hangouts issues with Shattered Star recently that forced us to try Skype last time as the connection seemed more stable but hoping to get back to Hangouts soon 🙂

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Yeah, we’ve discussed using alternative methods of chatting. Mainly, we’re all just very lazy. 🙂 Also the current recording software I use (which is acquitting itself remarkably well for obscure freeware) is Skype-specific. 🙂

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

I’m loving listening to the Adventure Path so far but I think I have the same problem with it the group does. There is sort of an urgency to get back to the surface which conflicts with the need to rest/recover to be able to get back to the surface.

Also I’ll mention I like the various voices and speaking styles used for the npcs. Makes it nice and easy to tell them apart. Props to the GM.

insert witticism here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.