Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Internet Explorers Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Session 05

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Wrath of the Righteous Session 05

File Submitter: Tulty

File Submitted: 01 Jun 2014

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Internet_Explorers/_Wrath_of_the_Righteous_Part_05.mp3

The party collect some much needed supplies and set out for Defender’s Heart. But Kenabres is not how they left it, and there are many challenges along the way. Most of which involve demons. But we also see firsthand the toll the attack has had on its townsfolk. Things end on an upbeat note, however, with a long-anticipated reunion.

GM: Tulty

Dushlub, Half-Orc Ranger: Zoe

Umdur Mashtun, Half-Orc Rogue: Emily

Jerred, Human Gunslinger/Paladin: Sean

Click here to download this file

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

This session also sees the advent of the Roll20 Data Delve update, and all the madness that ensues as I frantically try to reconcile the new character sheets (which genuinely are awesome) with my pre-existing system of attributes.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Enjoyed hearing the orc schoolmarm intimidate a demon. 🙂

abrikandilu.png

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Emily has adopted a very specific style of interacting with NPCs!

I’ve been considering starting another thread for all the graphics I’ve been using, so people can get an idea of what the PCs are seeing. But I’ve no idea whether that’d be a copyright issue! 🙂

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

If they are the direct images from the AP, I’m afraid that probably would fall under a copyright violation.

Listening to myself as I switched to Roll20 and was able to have image handouts pop up for players, I actually realized I was getting lazy on descriptions for the audio only audience. So I’ve made certain, at the very least when I have a picture of a monster or a NPC, to have a written description beneath it (taken and editted from AP or bestiary or whatever is appropriate) and try to read it outloud nonetheless. I think my habit pops up in Book 3 mostly.

Haven’t listened to this one yet. Finished four though. Very interesting. Side note: How picky do you want me to be with rules corrections? 😛 Part of the game is fun and quick pacedness, not rules perfectness, so I don’t want to put you in the mind to constantly second guess yourself during a game.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Its cool having pics. but Lockhart is correct – descriptions of monsters and action is also super important for the audio listener dudes 😀

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

If they are the direct images from the AP, I’m afraid that probably would fall under a copyright violation.

Of course, if you recorded your sessions as video screen captures, and then posted them on YouTube, then it would be totally okay to include tons of pictures lifted directly from Paizo’s pdfs. *Ahem* 😉

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Of course, if you recorded your sessions as video screen captures, and then posted them on YouTube, then it would be totally okay to include tons of pictures lifted directly from Paizo’s pdfs. *Ahem* 😉

Ah, well, ahem, that’s incidental to recording the game, and paizo does tend to look the other way when such things are being used during gameplay. For that matter I’m pretty sure you can find examples on Paizo’s own messageboards of Play by Post games posting links to such images during the games.

I also said that it was a copyright violation. I didn’t say that the administration staff would remove them or something. XP

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Yeah, for most of my monsters, their tokens contain their stock description from the SRD. I should do the same for NPCs as well, I feel. 🙂

@[member=”Lockhart”], feel free to call me out on anything that you wanna bring up! Just don’t expect me never to make the same mistake again. But that detect evil shout was really helpful. 🙂 (It’s gonna be about detect evil now, isn’t it…) 😀

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I admit, for session four, while I did wince at a few spots, nothing was big enough for me to remember it a few days later. I do want to say it had something to do with concentration or a spell or something. But again, nothing that left a lasting impression. I’ll have to keep better notes when I listen to this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.