Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Internet Explorers Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Session 06

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Wrath of the Righteous Session 06

File Submitter: Tulty

File Submitted: 14 Jun 2014

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Internet_Explorers/_Wrath_of_the_Righteous_Part_06.mp3

After resting up at Defender’s Heart, the party set out to the three safehouses of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth, tasked by the Eagle Watch to weaken the Worldwound’s presence in Kenabres. There are some hairy moments, some disgusting moments, and more intelligence is discovered, which indicates even more ominous things to come…

GM: Tulty

Dushlub, Half-Orc Ranger: Zoe

Jerred, Human Gunslinger/Paladin: Sean

Reyan, Human Inquisitor: Will

Click here to download this file

katheb
    • Bullywug

Woo! I have been waiting for this! Huzzah!

NOTE: I do like the dramatic combat descriptions! Also the lack of sense motive checks is disturbing. Ah the bandit that was just fighting us, surely he wont stab us in the back and/or run away!

Genericshampoo
    • Commoner

I am still somewhat surprised that one of our most dramatic combats has been with with a mutant turnip baby

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

I’m enjoying this, but I can’t help wondering about the party balance. Dushlub seems good in the Tank role, but Jerred as a Gunslinger/Paladin? That sounds like a very odd combination. I’m not familiar with the Inquisitor class, but Reyan seems very underpowered as the party spellcaster.

It also seems like the party is taking a hell of a beating, and having to rely heavily on that Cure Light Wound Wand.

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

You’re assuming that my party’s highest priority is balance! They’re all players from a LARP background, which means that they have a particularly masochistic relish for plot-angst and favouring roleplay over optimization. ^_^

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

You’re assuming that my party’s highest priority is balance! They’re all players from a LARP background, which means that they have a particularly masochistic relish for plot-angst and favouring roleplay over optimization. ^_^

Then why the heck are you guys playing Pathfinder, rather then one of the oodles of RPGs that actually focus on roleplaying? 😉

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Eh, we all enjoy Pathfinder an awful lot. And it’s relatively simple, as most of us have played it a lot before.

If it helps, there are plans to also run a short CoC game (run by Sean), for some variety. ^_^

Genericshampoo
    • Commoner

Considering my stats I probably be struggling this much, I’m not sure if it’s the way I’m role-playing Rayen (which is fine, I know she’s not the most practical personality) our whether I haven’t worked out how inquisitors work yet. Either way I relish the pain 😛

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I’m enjoying this, but I can’t help wondering about the party balance. Dushlub seems good in the Tank role, but Jerred as a Gunslinger/Paladin? That sounds like a very odd combination. I’m not familiar with the Inquisitor class, but Reyan seems very underpowered as the party spellcaster.It also seems like the party is taking a hell of a beating, and having to rely heavily on that Cure Light Wound Wand.

Nothing wrong with the CLW-after battle healing method if you’re able to survive the battles. As most people will say, unless a party member is knocked down to being inactive, healing mid-combat is less effective than contributing to stop and disable those who are dealing damage.

Also, Gunslinger/Paladin could have a lot of potential. The Mysterious Stranger gunsligner archtype is highly CHA based I believe, so should synergize with a Paladin. Even if they aren’t (did I recall hearing Musketeer or whatever the Rifle-focus was?) A Paladin’s smite evil is going to be the greatest buff for this campaign.

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

As long as it’s fun to play and fun to listen to, we don’t really mind. As to the direction Jerred is taking, that’s entirely with Sean, who’s not on the forums. We’re recording session 07 tomorrow night, so will bring it up then! 

🙂

Cthulhugh
    • Commoner

Hi Tulty,

I’m enjoying this AP immensely,our playing group has started playing Pathfinder so I’m finding the podcast informative as well.It doesn’t hurt the the girls have such delightful accents.

Cheers from Melbourne AUS.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey there 

Nice to see a first post 🙂 Glad Mr @[member=”Tulty”] is providing helpful and awesome content 🙂

And also nice to see another podcaster on the site 🙂

Hal :hal:

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Aw, thanks Cthulhugh! Really glad to hear you’re enjoying the campaign. We’re having an ace time running it. 🙂

What’re you running with your group?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.