Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Internet Explorers Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Session 07

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Wrath of the Righteous Session 07

File Submitter: Tulty

File Submitted: 03 Jul 2014

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Internet_Explorers/_Wrath_of_the_Righteous_Part_07.mp3

With the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth routed, the Eagle Watch turns their attention towards the centre of ruined Kenabres, and the thus-far silent followers of Deskari. The party are tasked with entering their stronghold in Old Kenabres and destroying the one thing that could be used to deal the Crusaders a devastating blow…

GM: Tulty

Jerred, Human Gunslinger/Paladin: Sean

Reyan, Human Inquisitor: Will

Dushlub, Half-Orc Ranger: Zoe

Click here to download this file

katheb
    • Bullywug

Huzzah, I am about to start listening… thanks for uploading.

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

You’re very welcome, katheb. Hope you enjoy it!

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Listening back to this, I’m actually quite happy with the direction the Explorers are taking as a group. I know a discussion point has been our relationship with optimisation and with goal-oriented player decisions, but I think the anarchic quality lends to the content.

Also, combat-heavy session where Tulty keeps forgetting to use enemies’ abilities! (Case in point: Vermleks and Abandon Flesh!)

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Also, combat-heavy session where Tulty keeps forgetting to use enemies’ abilities! (Case in point: Vermleks and Abandon Flesh!)

It’s a common problem and one I really struggle with. Trying to keep the tactical situation and the visual aspects of a scene in my head is fine, but throw in the actual rules of the game and I flounder… I suspect that’s a major reason why I tend to run systems where such things are rather hand-wavey (e.g. Tunnels and Trolls, where monsters usually have a single stat – “Monster Rating” – and special abilities are just a few notes to bear in mind).

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

It can get complicated, especially when you have a bunch of different creatures with different abilities.

Also – as a GM – you often have to run the scenario in your head down multiple paths – you don’t want to use a special ability that will TPK the party (unless you really want to do that).

I often find myself mulling future combats in the car when I am driving 🙂 It is also where I practice voices for upcoming NPCs 😛

I do sometimes make a note on my paper next to monster HP of abilities they are likely to use but also of resistances and the like that they have.

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I often find myself mulling future combats in the car when I am driving 🙂

Hal: …And then I’ll have the NPC Rogue use his magically-enhanced Dexterity to Tumble past the PCs!

wpl8MjM.gif

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

That look about right of Houston driving (except for the snow) 🙂

Hal :hal:

katheb
    • Bullywug

When I GM, I tend to follow the rules most of the time but I tend to throw some of my own rules in the mix on things that are vague. If the player thinks of something interesting that could work but is not in the rules I assign a logical DC roll to it. Tends to work out…

Though I do have to resist the urge to make odd magic items that the players find only to realise that they are a bit over powered… Oops.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Just a minor nit that there’s a lot of heavy mic-breathing…. but liking the content!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Just a minor nit that there’s a lot of heavy mic-breathing….

They get really excited about having an audience. 😉

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Yeah, we try to point it out when it comes up, but sometimes it’s unfortunately unavoidable. I agree it can’t be pleasant to listen to though, which is why we usually try to keep it to a minimum! Glad you’re enjoying it! 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Fandible recently upgraded their recording equipment, including some nifty DIY pop filters to reduce breathing noises and other plosives. Their podcasts dramatically increased in audio quality. Here’s a handy guide about the topic. Of course, some people swear by a different kind of pop filter: “keep a good distance from the mic, and drink unsweetened cold tea to clean your palate and avoid noise“.

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Yeah, I’m certain that Zoe and Sean at least will have no interest in doing any of these things. 🙂 To them, the game comes before the audio; they record on the grounds that I do all the editing etc. 🙂 Audio quality is not a very high priority for them, cos they still get to game whether or not we’re recording. ^_^

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Even so, if you happen to have any spare pantyhose lying around – as bohemians demimonde actor-types are wont to do, no doubt – then you could always try rigging up a simple pop filter, and see if it does anything to reduce their heavy breathing. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.