Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Internet Explorers Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Session 12

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Wrath of the Righteous Session 12

File Submitter: Tulty

File Submitted: 12 Jan 2015

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Internet_Explorers/_Wrath_of_the_Righteous_part_12.mp3

The time has come for The Rising Dawn, with Reyan at the helm as Commander, to strike out to the North! But the way to Drezen is anything but easy, and the Party will have to contend not only with enemy forces, but with potentially disastrous revelations from within their own ranks.

GM: Tulty

Jerred, Human Gunslinger/Paladin: Sean

Reyan, Human Inquisitor: Will

Dushlub, Half-Orc Ranger: Zoe

Click here to download this file

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

So one lesson we can take from this is that tablets are terrible, terrible things to Skype from.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Queuing this up for a listen.

Point 1: Tulty, how do you record your audio? Is it possible to increase your own volume with your current method? Some if the players are booming in comparison.

Point 2: Regarding use magic device and taking 20. The reason it’s not possible, or at least not advisable, is that taking 20 provokes any negative result of failure before the success, essentially assuming you rolled twenty times getting a 1-20 as results and starting from the nat 1 until you reach the 20 to determine results. This rule applies to any skill with a negative outcome (disabling traps for example) putting restrictions on what you can use Take 20 on. A negative result of failure on a use magic device check is that the item essentially won’t function for that character for 24 hours. Side note: UMD specifically can’t “take 10” with.

Point 3: session ends with a nice bit of roleplaying a “very special ” moment. Don’t do drugs.

Harper101
    • Flumph

I’d have to agree with Lockhart… it’s hard to hear the GM over everyone else in the game. (Not sure who’s breathing is being picked up alot but it makes listening to the game hard/annoying. )

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

The audio was poorer quality than usual this session due to two of our party being on tablets. That may have contributed to my own audio coming through quieter, though I’m not certain. 

For recording purposes, I use a freeware program I found when I googled Skype Recording, called ‘MP3 Skype Recorder’. It gets the job done but is not tremendously reliable. 

If anyone else records off skype, I’d be very grateful for advice/programs you use etc. 

Glad to hear that people were able to still enjoy this session despite it’s audio issues!

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I would personally recommend downloading Audacity instead, setting up two tracks, one to record from your mic, the other to record the group from stereo mix. Then you can adjust the two to be more comparable in volume, and do some things like noise reduction on each channel. The recorder will also keep going if the call drops or needs to be restarted, and it should be simple to cut out these dead air points after you’ve made a combined audio track.

Audacity is free. This can also be done with Adobe Audition, a superior program though it costs money (unless you are an unscrupulous pirate).

This is essentially the method I’ve employed (using Audition) when I’ve had to record the audio for Mines of Phandelver and Shatterd Star. You do want to make sure that notifications from Skype and roll20 are muted, otherwise they will record on the stereo mix channel and are a potential annoyance.

If you want a tutorial of how I set up and do things in Audition feel free to give me a shout and we can set up a screen share on Skype or Google hangouts.

Harper101
    • Flumph

I’d like to point to point out the my difficulties of listening to the AP is not going to stop me from listening from future sessions!

I have no idea how I come ac cross in the sessions I’ve recorded with the games I’ve been in that are soon to be posted on here!. 

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Thanks guys. @[member=”Lockhart”], I’ve got Audacity, I use it for editing, I had no idea you could set it to record your machine’s audio output!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Isn’t there a “How to record (Skype) audio” tutorial of some sort in the Contributor forum section? If not, maybe @[member=”Daniel”], @[member=”Lockhart”] and/or @[member=”Balgin”] could help out by writing one and posting it for future reference. 🙂

…After a bit of searching, found these threads in the archives that might help:

Making recordings

Recording Roll20 games

Recording Skype conversations

Suggestions for initial recording equipment setup

What do you use for recording game sessions?

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Thanks Monkey! After an involved skype with Lockhart yesterday, I’m still in the process of working all this out. It took going into my sound card’s driver files to enable stereo mix recording, so I’m still shaking the dust off my boots. On top of that Audacity is not cooperating (so possibly expect a skype at some point, @[member=”Lockhart”], regarding Audition!)

Technology. Sometimes I wish I understood it. 🙂

Harper101
    • Flumph

Looking forward to the next one!

katheb
    • Bullywug

Another great game,

Shame about the audio quality. I can [most likely] assist with audio quality issues. Contact me if you are still having recording issues.

EDIT: I heard the next one, it sounds great!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.