Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Internet Explorers Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Session 14

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Wrath of the Righteous Session 14

File Submitter: Tulty

File Submitted: 22 Mar 2015

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Internet_Explorers/_Wrath_of_the_Righteous_part_14.mp3

The party pick up the pieces from their almost-fatal conflict with the armies at Keeper’s Canyon, and then turn their attention towards how they shall approach Drezen undetected. As they turn their ideas into action, one of the party receives a visit, which throws up far more questions than answers. Meanwhile, in this desolate place so far from home, another party member must act to keep morale in The Rising Dawn from faltering.

GM: Tulty

Jerred, Human Gunslinger/Paladin: Sean

Umdur Mashtun, Half-Orc Rogue: Emily

Dushlub, Half-Orc Ranger: Zoe

Click here to download this file

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Yay more Wrathful Goodness! Though it is a return of my least favoritely named character: Jerred. I say this only so I can blame the Baggies, and their Sundered Skies campaign, for my distaste of the name… which I always hear in a high pitched screeching voice thanks to them 🙂

I have one comment on the game, other than general praise and love of it. Was there a reason they had to re-engineer the pulley system for each wagon? Couldn’t they have used the one that worked for everything else and just made new strength rolls each time? Sure this would have been much less entertaining but they may have seemed competent to the rest of the troops at least.

insert witticism here

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Thanks Aethyr! Always glad to hear you’re enjoying it.

As you may have been able to work out, the entire cliff sequence was me hanging on by the seat of my pants. There was NO provision for that in the AP. So most of that was just going with my gut. A makeshift pulley system made to support heavily loaded wagons is going to immediately be under strain, and considering Umdur’s first couple of Prof (Tinker) rolls were quite low, I decided there should be consequences.

In hindsight though, I think I could have made that sequence go by faster. I guess my instinct was to emphasise how difficult it was getting a 100 strong army, plus wagons, rations and horses, up a sheer cliff out of a gorge.

Wrath is still a learning curve for me in many ways. 😉

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Ah yes, pants flying. The trial by fire for GMs. You did handle it well. Just seeing if I missed something like I sometimes do listening at work. Still a great listen.. May you have less pants flying in the future.

insert witticism here

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Yay more Wrathful Goodness! Though it is a return of my least favoritely named character: Jerred. I say this only so I can blame the Baggies, and their Sundered Skies campaign, for my distaste of the name… which I always hear in a high pitched screeching voice thanks to them 🙂

I think Steve’s character’s name was actually Jerath – although you’re right in pointing out that Ross was frighteningly good at playing a squealing fan-girlish supernatural teenager. 😉

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Could’ve sworn it was Jared. Ah well. Maybe the squealing fangirl voice made my mind turn off midname. Either way it still echoes in my ears in a frightening way.

insert witticism here

Skyth
    • Bullywug

The group needs to learn to use the Take 10 rule 🙂  Would have made things a lot quicker 🙂

Looking forward to the next game.  Do you guys only play once a month?

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

We tend to play when we all get the time to, which is quite an erratic schedule!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.