Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying Discussion: Can Good Aligned Characters Cast Spells With The Evil Descriptor?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 61 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Pencil-Monkey 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

chirp_n_mutter.jpg

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

If you’re in the mood for reading loads of text, here’s a long and quite interesting read on this topic from the Pathfinder subreddit.

A (relatively) small sample:

Fingerstankk said:

Does casting spells with the good or evil descriptor make your alignment shift after constant use?

PavelSoma said:

It does now according to Horror Adventures.

Up to your GM ’cause the rule is very easy to exploit. Needs some houseruling.

Kasurin_Makise said:

Big Bad, handing out Potions/Scrolls/Wands of Protection from Evil to his minions. “Quick everyone, use these so we’ll be immune to the Paladin’s Smite Evil! We’ll be invincible!”

darthmarth28 said:

*several potions later*

“Y’know what boss? This whole plan of sacrificing virgins and whatnot to summon a demon… isn’t it kind of a bad idea all around? Like, why are we really even doing this if it means we’ve got to go running from adventurers all the time? Wouldn’t we be happier if we just let the hostages go? I bet these occult robes and shit could be pawned off to a theatre troupe for some solid coin.”

ALTERNATIVELY

“Alright criminal scum. This is your last chance to confess your crimes before being executed at daybreak. Your fate is sealed, but perhaps Asmodeus will show you favor in the afterlife if you are capable of displaying remorse in this one.”

“Um, Captain? I actually do have something I’d like to say.”

“Out with it, subhuman. Where have the rest of your ilk hidden the stolen treasure?”

“Well, you see sir, I’ve just unloaded an entire wand of Detect Chaos that I found inside my jail cell. I believe that someone dropped it through the window, along with this book of Chelaxian legal procedures. Since I didn’t have anything better to do last night, I stayed up all night long using my newfound ironclad self-discipline and my Light cantrip to read the book.”

*confused silence* “Your point, worm? It matters not what some minor divination says about your state of mind. A crime committed must still be punished.”

“Well, you see, according to index xiii, Section F-16, a Hellknight who does not directly witness a crime being committed must gather testimony from witnesses within 24 hours in order to prove a subject’s guilt. By referencing case number 004127, City of Brasselwark v. Thimblewacket, you can see that this rule came into effect to curtail possible mental influence by Wizards or Clerics who would return to tamper with the scene of the crime.”

*a cold sweat begins to bead on the Hellknight’s forehead*

“Furthermore, the delivery and proper notarization of papers referring to a given interview are considered to be part of this deadline.”

“ENOUGH. TELL ME WHERE THE JEWELS ARE, YOU LITTLE GUTTERSTAIN.”

*a manic grin spreads across the accused’s face* “Oh but officer, if I knew that, I would have told you ages ago! Didn’t you hear? I’m a reformed citizen!

“Moreover, I intend to remain a reformed – which is to say, alive – citizen. By my reckoning, it took you over 36 hours to bring proper charges against me, didn’t it? I can’t possibly believe that the Paralictor would be so negligent as to ignore paperwork that long, which means it was either your men’s tardiness, or YOURS.”

“OUT. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT, OR I’LL HAVE YOU ARRESTED FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN’T WEASEL YOUR WAY OUT OF, YOU DAMNED GNOME.”

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.