Forums News and Information Announcements Welcome To V5

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Hal 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

AndrewRJ
    • Flumph

Really excited to see the new format and the new content Hal. Thanks for all you do.

Cegorach
    • Commoner

Hooray for the new site!

wolfsnap
    • Thri-kreen

Digging the new site! I’ll have to check out some of the more recent podcasts.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Digging the new site! I’ll have to check out some of the more recent podcasts.

Horror on the Hill is sounding quite promising, so far. 🙂 Although, if you’ve listened to the classic Labour of Love and Tomb of Haggemoth episodes, you may be shocked by the alarmingly quiet character that Glen’s playing. Very jarring transition from Rjägjüjär Hjëlstrjöm the Dwarf Bard. 😉

bodhranist
    • Orc

They’re not dead! They’re getting better!

Good to see you guys back, it’ll be nice to catch up on the audio!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I think I just use emotes as I type naturally 🙂

But you are correct – something to list them out would be super useful.

Thing and I were talking about the forum here and how simple it is and we were wondering if you guys thought a more fully featured forum offering would be more attractive to users. Or are forums dead old tech that no one wants to use anymore?

Cheers
    Hal

Reverse
    • Flumph

On the suggestions pile, I’d love to see some sort of system (tags?) that showed which campaigns were completed, which were ongoing, and which were finished but incomplete (ie, no more recordings coming). It gets annoying to listen into something, only to realise it just disappears without conclusion. Just something on the ‘would be nice to see’ list.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

That has been rolling around in my head for a while now. I also seem to need to strengthen the New User Registration system as we have had a flood of spammers recently.

I think a tag for Completed would be great and maybe one for Fizzled Out or TPK, or would you just stick with completed?

Cheers
    Hal

Reverse
    • Flumph

I don’t think a specific TPK is necessary. It’s a spoiler (abet a fairly minor one), but a TPK generally validly ends a campaign. The campaign has reached an ending, if not necessarily the desired one – Fizzled Out is the one that’s much less of an ending.

Although simply flagging the Complete campaigns Complete does show what comes to a firm conclusion, a Fizzled Out tag might also be useful for people who don’t want to listen to a campaign that just runs out. Depends how hard it is to implement (hard to tell without listening through the millions – and millions – of files what comes to a firm conclusion and what doesn’t!)

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I think I can make this happen reasonably easily. Let me take a look.

It is a good idea and something that new users might appreciate. Remembering what has completed and what fizzled out might be a bit of a challenge but I can make a start and figure things out as wel go. Then as campaigns wrap up I can add the Completed or Fizzled Out tags as appropriate.

Cheers
    Hal

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen

Just cuz a campaign ‘fizzled out’ doesn’t mean it wasn’t a hell of a ride. I feel like a lot of the Texas Gamers campaigns never actually concluded but they were still an experience!

Reverse
    • Flumph

I see at some point the Sugar Fuelled Gamers picked up a convenient full game list with them all organized by system. Cheers Hal!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

You are welcome 🙂 I need to go it for everyone else as well.

Someone asked how to find a list of your games in order so I built yours out. I think I have done about 5 or 6 groups so far.

Cheers
    Hal

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.